Lynx Defense

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Where are these roads? They look fun!
    *edit* quick maps look showed twin sisters road connecting to fm 473….is that the famed same twin sisters road I’ve heard motorcycles flock to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right around the corner from my current place. I can be on Edge Falls in less than 15 mins. Was this <> close to buying a place off 473 last month.

473 is not the twisted sisters. That’s FM 335/336/337 west of here. Takes me about an hour to get there. I prefer to ride it counter clock wise on weekends as there’s a lot of traffic doing the clockwise direction.
    ARJ Defense ad

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Right around the corner from my current place. I can be on Edge Falls in less than 15 mins. Was this <> close to buying a place off 473 last month.

473 is not the twisted sisters. That’s FM 335/336/337 west of here. Takes me about an hour to get there. I prefer to ride it counter clock wise on weekends as there’s a lot of traffic doing the clockwise direction.
    Was.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    LEDs all around now, one touch blinker, and it's cleeeeeaaaaaan!

TkaiCUk.jpg

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Changed oil, replaced fluid in front/rear diffs, transfer case.

The bolts for the rear diff cover spec 25 ft-lbs. Breaker bar and much swearing later…

Dealer changed this last time, clearly used an impact on the bolts. Quickly rounded 4 bolts, they ain’t budging.

I had to hammer a 7mm wrench onto the 8mm bolts to get them off.
    So now I get to go to the dealer to get new bolts.

Super irritating, I should’ve been done with this last night…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    $8/bolt, dealer item.
    FML

These 4 busted bolts have a ton of threadlocker on them.
    None of the others do.

Should’ve heated them up…next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BillDFW12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2021
    DFW
    Got some Plus 20% Headlight bulbs.. Seem to be working well. Nobody is flashing at me from them being too bright.. my #1 concern.. and I'm getting an extra 50 -80 yds of see-able road surface at night. Very pleased with them for an extra $3 over standard bulbs.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Mundane, but got the truck inspected during lunch. They questioned me on it because tags aren’t due until February. Got the renewal notice in the mail yesterday, and had to explain to them like I always do that “why do now when you can do later” doesn‘t fly. I’ve got 8 registrations to keep track of each year, and I’ll be really pissed if I forgot about one and it cost me a trip to the tax office. It almost happened on my trailer tags a couple years ago, so now I get it done as soon as I get the notice

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    You can still get inspected after the tag expires, they just back-date it.
    Yes, but if you are past the grace period (10 days I think) then you must go to the tax office to get your tags because you have to sign an affidavit that you had not driven the vehicle while plates are expired. In Harris county, it’s a gigantic PITA. Plan on at least 40 minutes in line plus the trek down there. Smaller counties like Lavaca where I lived for several years it wasn’t a big deal. Never a line. in and out in 5 minutes

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Yes, but if you are past the grace period (10 days I think) then you must go to the tax office to get your tags because you have to sign an affidavit that you had not driven the vehicle while plates are expired. In Harris county, it’s a gigantic PITA. Plan on at least 40 minutes in line plus the trek down there. Smaller counties like Lavaca where I lived for several years it wasn’t a big deal. Never a line. in and out in 5 minutes
    Not any more, they changed it at some point. Now you can do it online way past the expiration date and just click a box that says you didn't get ticketed for expired registration.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Not any more, they changed it at some point. Now you can do it online way past the expiration date and just click a box that says you didn't get ticketed for expired registration.
    Yep, there's always a car or two I forget and do it a month or two late. Never an issue renewing online as long as I haven't gotten a ticket.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I've got one due in January. I detest the annual state inspections. What a useless scam/scheme by the state to collect yet another tax. Who drives around without brakes and lights anyway. I don't need some stranger to tell me I need new wiper blades.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    I've got one due in January. I detest the annual state inspections. What a useless scam/scheme by the state to collect yet another tax. Who drives around without brakes and lights anyway. I don't need some stranger to tell me I need new wiper blades.
    Agreed.

Then again you should see that road garbage that comes from across the River where they don't have annual safety inspections.

Three of my four are due in the same month but it's no big deal since I have a license and can do them myself.

Top Bottom