What have you done to your vehicle lately?

Discussion in 'Automotive / Motorcycle Chat' started by TheCytochromeC, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Brains

Brains Well-Known

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    Needed new tires. Got new tires, and wheels to go with 'em.

[​IMG]

Edit: Holy smokes, imgur definitely reprocesses the images you upload, that looks WAY oversaturated now.

sharkey and Texasgordo like this.
  2. pronstar

pronstar Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My new to me Suburban just got a bit of love/sweat/bloody knuckles.
    CA car, I know the previous owners, it's a '99 (last year of the square-ish body, Vortech motor so last year of the "SBC") w/130k on it

She's not too fancy but is clean and I got a very, very good deal on her...and free shipping to Dallas

[​IMG]

New rotors/pads
    Repack wheel bearings
    New SS brake lines/brake fluid
    New fuel filter
    Drain/fill tranny, new filter
    Drain/fill radiator
    New hoses
    New serpentine
    New t-stat
    New plugs & plug wires
    New cap & rotor
    New Bilsteins
    New battery
    New headlamps/taillamps
    New Flowmaster cat-back
    New American racing wheels
    New Toyo tires

Secretly sorta hoping the motor lets go so I can drop in a 383 stroker crate motor but don't tell my wife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Pulled a few more parts off the TBI 350 today. Distributor of toast, surprised it still ran. Looks like 23 year old original equipment.

Picking up a hoist Saturday morning, everything is loose on the engine except 4 bolts on the transmission and the engine mounts. Probably pull the hood off tomorrow or Friday.

4. texasnurse

texasnurse Well-Known

Jul 30, 2016
    Check out dairyland cycle insurance , have full coverage with replacement for $53 month albeit a 1000 deductible (my own choice)

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

5. texasnurse

texasnurse Well-Known

Jul 30, 2016
    Flotech red hots (glass packs) sound good true Dual H pipe right after the manifolds, and come out the back with the exhaust, don't pop until 4000-6000 rpm, Flowmaster 50 series Delta Flow has a nice sound

i'd stick with vortec manifolds (if you get the heads) , full length headers can be a pain to seal.

6. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Error 404

Jan 5, 2012
    After sitting in a lawn chair staring at ways to make the seat part of the bike more comfortable and better fitting. I decided to reshaped the factory seat. A solo seat is still planned though.

The original seat sits 3.5"-4" off the frame and it's high as hell. Riding the bike you feel like your sitting a foot above the tank. The headlight feels/looks like it's under your nads while riding.

The factory seat is nothing but a plastic pan, foam, covered in naugahyde. The cover is wire stapled to the pan. The foam is free floating(wasn't glued)

The cover was pulled off. The pan with the foam was placed back on the bike. The foam was then shaped using an angle grinder with 60 grit sanding wheel.

Shaped a bit then checked for seat feel. Shape-feel-shape... The foam dust stuck to eVeRything. Me, the motorcycle, dog,...

About two inches of foam was removed. Cover was stuck back on and stapled. Since the foam was cut down, the top of the cover is a bit loose. Ill snug the cover down using either two or three 'upholstery buttons' made from nickels. Two holes drill in each to make them a button.

Those get installed today after a trip to local pawnshop. Somebody pawned two kinda vintage Bell Bullitt helmets with the original boxes. You can buy one new for about $399 for a bland white one. They go up in price after that.

7. Longhorn1986

Longhorn1986 Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    Spent the money I was saving for a new 10mm 1911 on four new Goodyear Duratrac tires for my F350. Still need tires for the F250 as well.... :(

8. texasnurse

texasnurse Well-Known

Jul 30, 2016
    What are you riding?

9. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

How old is "vintage"?
    Impact safety can degrade as a helmet ages.

10. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Error 404

Jan 5, 2012
    A bobbed 2008 Suzuki Boulevard M50

I went by the pawn. It wasn't Bullet helmets. Some kinda GT something. It wasn't what I thought.

I went by two other places and bust. All they had was full face sport bike jobs. When I got home I broke down and ordered the real deal.

Bell Custom 500.

This one with the stripes.

[​IMG]

I also ordered the chrome bubble shield to go with it.

This but with the stripes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    ZX9RCAM likes this.