• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mid Enthusiast

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2022
    Bedford
    What rifle do you think would serve best if things continue to get worse/more destabilized. Take into account ammo, accessibility to extra parts, carrying weight, and performance.
    Target Sports

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    A 22lr semiauto rifle with lots of ammo stockpiled.

Lightweight to carry, and you can carry a bunch of ammo while on foot.

Don't let anybody tell you that you can't kill humans or larger game with a .22 rifle.

I would also have an AR with a longish barrel. But if I could only do one, it would be a reliable action .22lr.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    It's been an AR for years, but recently I've drifting to the idea of an AK pistol in 7.62x39 for the neighborhood. Finally after 10k rnds of steel case ammo, I got a case stuck in the chamber on my go to ar. The AK will ak. The cartridge doesn't care about barrel length, and no one can argue about ak reliability and I have lots of mags and ammo for it.

Last edited:

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    It is not known what the best rifle is due to the fact that Shit hasn't hit the fan so all is hearsay at best. Grab what you got when you can get it at that point.
    Currently waiting for a newbie post in the Shotgun, Rimfire, Optics, knives, Automobile, Preppers, Gear & accessories, forums. 5, 4, 3, 2,.........

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    What rifle do you think would serve best if things continue to get worse/more destabilized. Take into account ammo, accessibility to extra parts, carrying weight, and performance.
    As I don’t believe in “bugging-out”, a good home rfle would be an AR10 if one can get ammo for it.
    If you really had to go somewhere, an AR15.
    I’ve noticed recently that .308 ammo has become unavailable again; saw some recently for ~$1.90/round.
    I have the 9mm Ruger PRC which takes G19 & other Glock mags. Very handy & commonality of ammo & mags is great, but not a choice for armored assailants.
    I keep a bunch of .243Win around for a good scoped bolt carbine, for “reaching-out”. It is very accurate out to ~ 275 yards, which is farther than I can see here in tree-land.

Top Bottom