what is the best?

freonfreak.270

Nov 16, 2008
im sure ill start an argument on here but oh well i want the advice. im looking for the best quality polymer pistol. they all feel good in my habd so thats not a concern or something i want to hear... in the end what is the better quality? glock, smith and wesson m&p, springfield xd, or xdm??

kawi jm

Oct 12, 2008
The best IMHO is H&K, The P series and the USP series are some of my favorite poly framed guns.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
im sure ill start an argument on here but oh well i want the advice. im looking for the best quality polymer pistol. they all feel good in my habd so thats not a concern or something i want to hear... in the end what is the better quality? glock, smith and wesson m&p, springfield xd, or xdm??
Of those choices, I prefer Glock.

They are such a simple and well-proven pistol.

nalioth

Oct 13, 2008
Houston Metro
I've owned Glocks.

Now I own XDs (sold all the Glocks).

They are a very well thought out design.

I especially like that the front rails (where all the stresses occur) are not molded into the frame, but are part of a removable steel structure.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
While I like Glocks, I'm not in love with them or anything. One thing I will say is there is no other platform in the polymer handgun category that is as tried and tested like Glocks have been. They have withstood the test of time pretty well. Most of the other options out there haven't been around nearly as long, so by default they wouldn't have been tested as much. The M&P series are proving to be a pretty robust option in this category. H&K's are good of course too. I never could get into the XD's, however they seem to work great and plenty of people love them.

robocop10mm

Jan 9, 2009
Round Rock
The best? Of course you will get a half dozen answers to that Q. Glock, HK, XD, FN, S&W, Ruger, EAA, etc (not in any order) are all good guns. they all have their faults. Whatever feels right in your hand, hits where you poinit it, goes bang EVERY TIME.

IMHO, pick one and shoot it a bunch (1000+ rds) until you are good with it and confident in its reliability. Buying the "best" and shooting it 50-100 rds is like buying a Ferrari, driving it home and parking it in the garage.

lunchbox

Apr 12, 2008
if money is no object go for the H&K

but myself i went for the XDm and what a fine gun it is

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms