What is your carry holster/belt?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by LHB1, Mar 4, 2008.

1. LHB1

LHB1 Active Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    For concealed carry, I use an Alessi PCH IWB for a 5" Kimber and a Milt Sparks/Tony Kanaley Heritage IWB for a Wilson 1911. For range or field use, I use Milt Sparks/Tony Kanaley 55BN holsters. The pistol of the day is always carried on an Alessi 1.5" belt.

Good shooting and be safe.
    LB

oops, this thread probably should have been posted in Gear and Accessories forum. Sorry about that.

2. sjones

sjones Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    I have the proverbial drawer full ,some for guns I no longer have,but mostly I use either a don hume 721 ,or a kangaroo shoulder holster style depending on which gun I'm carrying.sj

3. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'll be using a Comp Tac CTAC for my P220 to start out with once I receive my CHL in the next month or so. I really like this CompTac holster, it's more comfortable than I thought it would be. Here's pics of the setup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's links to the rest to keep the post short:

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3
    Link 4

The nice thing I've found about the CTAC is that you can adjust the tension on the gun to have it either loose and easily removable, or with a little bit of drag so that the gun is rock solid, does not wobble, and requires a bit of force to remove. This holster is certainly not bad for the ~$35 bucks I paid from one of the booths at the Saxet gun show in Austin. I think typical retail is a bit more like $50-70.

Oh BTW, I'm using a 1.5" generic belt. I basically went to Walmart and chose the thickest belt they had, which was actually incredibly thick and rigid, and it provides excellent support. Maybe one of these days I'll buy a "quality" belt, but this one gets the job done just fine for now.

4. R.Scott

R.Scott New Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I use a Galco Concealable for OWB, or a Hoffner's ITP pro for IWB, comp tac 1.5" leather, or wilderness 5 stitch 1.5" belts to help tote the heft of my full size 1911.

5. TXB4Z

TXB4Z Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Austin, Tx
    Thats cheap as hell. I have been thinking of getting that holster but for $35 I can't see why not to get.

6. TexasT/A

TexasT/A Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Amarillo
    Milt Sparks VM2 for my Glock 19. Too bad I don't have a CHL.

7. LHB1

LHB1 Active Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    How is that VM2? Comfortable for long period wear? I am also concerned with how it will fit/wear and possible interference with belt loops. Do you wear it with the holster loops between belt loops or straddling belt loop? Have you tried the Sparks Heritage for comparison? I currently have a #1 Heritage for a 5" 1911 and have ordered another Heritage for my new 4" 1911. Would appreciate your comments.

Good shooting and be safe.
    LB

8. Slag

Slag New Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Fort Worth
    I use Alessi CQC/S's for my G32 and G33. My wife uses a Sparks VMII for her 1911. I am still waiting on my VMII for the G33.

9. texasyid

texasyid New Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Milt Sparks VM II with Sparks belt.

10. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Belt is a Galco SB2. Holster for HK P2000SK is a Milt Sparks VMII, for the Kel-Tec PF9 is a Don Hume. I pocket carry the Seecamp.