• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    For concealed carry, I use an Alessi PCH IWB for a 5" Kimber and a Milt Sparks/Tony Kanaley Heritage IWB for a Wilson 1911. For range or field use, I use Milt Sparks/Tony Kanaley 55BN holsters. The pistol of the day is always carried on an Alessi 1.5" belt.

Good shooting and be safe.
    LB

oops, this thread probably should have been posted in Gear and Accessories forum. Sorry about that.
    Guns International

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    I have the proverbial drawer full ,some for guns I no longer have,but mostly I use either a don hume 721 ,or a kangaroo shoulder holster style depending on which gun I'm carrying.sj

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'll be using a Comp Tac CTAC for my P220 to start out with once I receive my CHL in the next month or so. I really like this CompTac holster, it's more comfortable than I thought it would be. Here's pics of the setup:

tn_100_0958.png

tn_100_0959.png

tn_100_0960.png

tn_100_0950.png

Here's links to the rest to keep the post short:

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3
    Link 4

The nice thing I've found about the CTAC is that you can adjust the tension on the gun to have it either loose and easily removable, or with a little bit of drag so that the gun is rock solid, does not wobble, and requires a bit of force to remove. This holster is certainly not bad for the ~$35 bucks I paid from one of the booths at the Saxet gun show in Austin. I think typical retail is a bit more like $50-70.

Oh BTW, I'm using a 1.5" generic belt. I basically went to Walmart and chose the thickest belt they had, which was actually incredibly thick and rigid, and it provides excellent support. Maybe one of these days I'll buy a "quality" belt, but this one gets the job done just fine for now.

R.Scott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I use a Galco Concealable for OWB, or a Hoffner's ITP pro for IWB, comp tac 1.5" leather, or wilderness 5 stitch 1.5" belts to help tote the heft of my full size 1911.

TXB4Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Austin, Tx
    This holster is certainly not bad for the ~$35 bucks I paid from one of the booths at the Saxet gun show in Austin. I think typical retail is a bit more like $50-70.

Thats cheap as hell. I have been thinking of getting that holster but for $35 I can't see why not to get.

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Milt Sparks VM2 for my Glock 19. Too bad I don't have a CHL.

How is that VM2? Comfortable for long period wear? I am also concerned with how it will fit/wear and possible interference with belt loops. Do you wear it with the holster loops between belt loops or straddling belt loop? Have you tried the Sparks Heritage for comparison? I currently have a #1 Heritage for a 5" 1911 and have ordered another Heritage for my new 4" 1911. Would appreciate your comments.

LB

Slag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Fort Worth
    I use Alessi CQC/S's for my G32 and G33. My wife uses a Sparks VMII for her 1911. I am still waiting on my VMII for the G33.

TexasT/A

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Amarillo
    How is that VM2? Comfortable for long period wear? I am also concerned with how it will fit/wear and possible interference with belt loops. Do you wear it with the holster loops between belt loops or straddling belt loop? Have you tried the Sparks Heritage for comparison? I currently have a #1 Heritage for a 5" 1911 and have ordered another Heritage for my new 4" 1911. Would appreciate your comments.

LB

Its really comfortable, but I still need to get a good gun belt. This is the only holster I've tried so far.

I'm not sure what you mean about the holster loops straddling the belt loops?

300shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    I carry a 1911 in a Blackhawk Serpa level 2 with a 1.75" wide 1/4 think leather belt that had made by a friend I also carry 2 spare mags in a Double pouch made by Don hume.

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Its really comfortable, but I still need to get a good gun belt. This is the only holster I've tried so far.

I'm not sure what you mean about the holster loops straddling the belt loops?

Am concerned that when I position the holster where I want it, one of the holster loops will hit a belt loop causing me to move the holster more forward or rearward than desired.

LB

TexasT/A

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Amarillo
    Am concerned that when I position the holster where I want it, one of the holster loops will hit a belt loop causing me to move the holster more forward or rearward than desired.

LB

Oh, I see what you mean. Obviously its gonna depend on the pants, but for me the front holster loop sits right in front of the second belt loop of my jeans. I'll try to get a pic for you later, but my usb cable is still MIA.

300shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    here is my other carry rig , I order it from Tucker and its been a great rig for those days when I need to dress up or go to Va. where you can open carry.it has my Kimber Custom 2.

holster3.jpg

N-frame Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008

That's a great rig. I have to admit I was a bit hasty in judging you when you said you used the Blackhawk holster, but I see now how you really are.

I use an Alessi PCH with my P220 and a couple of UBG Canute's with other guns when I carry IWB, which is most of the time when I'm carrying concealed. I have several K&D holsters and a UBG Regulator that I use when I carry openly at work.

Here's some pics of a couple of my OWB holsters:

K&D Laredo with gator trim
    kdlaredogator.jpg

UBG Regulator with iguana trim
    P220ubgregulator-A.jpg

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Brainiac,
    Is Brommeland making deliveries again? Taking new orders? What was your wait time? Heard that he was having personal problems and stopped taking orders to try and get caught up on his backlog. Hope he has now weathered the storm. He makes quality leather goods.

LB

Top Bottom