• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brainiac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Parker County
    Brainiac,
    Is Brommeland making deliveries again? Taking new orders? What was your wait time? Heard that he was having personal problems and stopped taking orders to try and get caught up on his backlog. Hope he has now weathered the storm. He makes quality leather goods.

Not sure of his current status; I've had mine almost two years and I waited about 3 months for it back then if I remember correctly. Absolute top-quality stuff though (and I only got the "service grade") - it was worth the wait. There have been a lot of complaints about the wait time on the 1911forums.com but I would order from him again.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Near Rio Vista, Texas
    My belts are all from Tom Hancock at Texas Gunslinger. One and a half inch, double thickness belts.

My favorite holster is a Tucker HF1, shown with Colt Model 04091U stainless Combat Commander.

IMG_1652.jpg

The next photograph shows three Galco holsters that get regular use.

IMG_2093.jpg

From the left, a Galco Concealable w/Colt Series 70, a Galco Silhouette w/S&W 3" barreled 686 Plus, and a Galco Concealed Carry Paddle w/Colt stainless Series 70.

The final photo shows a Kramer Gunleather Belt Scabbard in horsehide with my Smith & Wesson 686.

IMG_2357.jpg

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Brainiac,
    Is Brommeland making deliveries again? Taking new orders? What was your wait time? Heard that he was having personal problems and stopped taking orders to try and get caught up on his backlog. Hope he has now weathered the storm. He makes quality leather goods.

Good shooting and be safe.
    LB

Gary announced a month or 2 ago that he was closer to getting caught up, but it sounds like a lot of people just wanted a refund, which he's appearently issuing very quickly. Or if you piss him off, no matter how long you've been waiting, he send you a refund. :D

As of about a month or so ago, he stopped taking direct orders and as he says now on his site, will only be selling through Coal Creek Armory and only his Service Grade leather. Nothing wrong with it, it's the same high quality but just not the detail in the boning.

I'm fortunate to have gotten my hands on a Presentation Grade Max Con V and I've kept it over a VMII which I'm currently selling. My 2nd holster, and one I'm learning to really like, is another Milt Sparks, the SSII.

I bought 4 pieces, the 3 mentioned above as well as a Mitch Rosen Workman in the Slimline grade and I'm keeping the Brommeland and SSII. The Rosen is a friggen piece of art, but it just doesn't feel right on me. It tucks really well though.

Both the Rosen and VMII are being sold. I may end up retiring on the sale of the VMII.

So for me, it's a Brommeland Max Con V original presentation grade and a Milt Sparks SSII. I'm looking for belts now. I'm learning a good belt is a really big part of comfortable and secure carry.

longtooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Lufkin, Texas
    Work horse rig is a Mitch Rosen belt & plain untooled Tucker HF1. Springer, resides there. Loaded mod. stainless w/ crossed cannon grips.
    000_0010-2.jpg

Daily carry when on duty at the church, visitin in the community, hospitals, all else that preachers do:
    Belt is a Rafter S shark skin, holster is the only BBQ rig I will ever be able to own on a preacher's income, Tucker HF1. Kimber CDP ll.
    000_0088.jpg

I often carry Kim in my shoulder rig. Alessi Bodyguard.
    000_0007-1-1.jpg

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Work horse rig is a Mitch Rosen belt & plain untooled Tucker HF1. Springer, resides there. Loaded mod. stainless w/ crossed cannon grips.

Daily carry when on duty at the church, visitin in the community, hospitals, all else that preachers do:
    Belt is a Rafter S shark skin, holster is the only BBQ rig I will ever be able to own on a preacher's income, Tucker HF1. Kimber CDP ll.

I often carry Kim in my shoulder rig. Alessi Bodyguard.

Good to see you over here LT. I saw the picture and knew I recognized it from 1911. :D

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    My primary carry is a Wilson Professional in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. I hold it up using a Don Hume GunBelt. I have several custom holsters but none can hold a candle to the VM2 in comfort for all day wear.
    1911CarryRig.jpg

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    I carry my Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Milt Sparks summer special just like in JKTex's last picture.

As for a belt, at Kohl's I found a belt made for hiding money in with a zipperd pouch inside it - it's very stiff, so it serves as a good inexpensive gun belt.

:D

Moe Howard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    I have several carry guns and various holsters for those gun so I will just stick to my 1911 for now. Springfield Mil-Spec in a BlackHawk holster with the spare mags in a BlackHawk mag holder and a G-Code mag holder.

Milspeccc3.jpg

Top Bottom