I drink about 2 soft drinks a month
    I just prefer iced tea, water or coffee instead

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Back in the day my grandpa used to call it sodie

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I used to snort Coke...but the bubbles tickled my nose!

Was a Mello Yello , Mountain Dew, Kickapoo Joy Juice guy in my younger days, then Caffeine Free Diet Coke for years. Figured the artificial stuff was worse than real sugar, so i switched to iced tea(less and less sweet over the recent years). However, I will have a Maine Root from the fountain at Apple's Caffe Mac since I'm not crazy about their iced tea. Maine Root has a 'root beer' and 'creme soda' that are darned tasty.

I remember going to college at South Carolina and hearing it called "pop" by some of the cutest mid-western girls! Then, girls from Boston called it 'pop' also!

Going back to Grape Nehi, I remember the outdoor machines at Ft. Jackson loaded with Nehi cans that had to be opened with the manual can opener built into the vending machines! I also remember when the drinks went from 5 cents to a dime!!! Who in the WORLD would spend TEN cents for a soft drink!!!???!!! Dang...I'm gettin' OLD !!!

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I also remember when the drinks went from 5 cents to a dime!!! Who in the WORLD would spend TEN cents for a soft drink!!!???!!! Dang...I'm gettin' OLD !!!
    I remember 5cent Coke in the small bottles from a crank machine. Tasted better than the Coke in the 10oz bottle but not as good as the Coke from the soda fountain at Paul's Drug Store (in Chicago).

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Diet 7 Up was a favorite, but had a lot of joint pain, then. A friend told me that she knew someone with joint pain and when he eliminated any carbonated drinks, the joint pain eased up. I did the same and darned if it didn't help! So.......NO carbonated drinks for me!

I drink a lot of bottled water, cold with no ice. We have a community well near Galveston Bay and there is WAY too much salt in the water. The favorite is Red Diamond artificially sweetened tea. It tastes great and I usually keep 6 gallon jugs of it in the refrigerator.

Flash

Top Bottom