• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • your primary CCW caliber (read 1st post please)

• 22 rimfire/25 acp

Votes: 1 0.7%
    • 32 caliber (any)

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • .380 acp/9x18 mak

Votes: 17 11.7%
    • 9mm

Votes: 38 26.2%
    • 38 spl

Votes: 7 4.8%
    • 357 mag

Votes: 2 1.4%
    • other not listed

• 357 sig

• 40 s&w

Votes: 27 18.6%

Votes: 49 33.8%

• Total voters

deputy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    TX
    Just wondering.....

What i'm looking at is your day to day, everyday primary CCW caliber. The caliber that you CCW the most often with.

Not really looking for a "favorite" caliber here. Looking for the caliber that you never leave home without.....
    DK Firearms

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    9mm & .45ACP , I despise the .40 round.

The .40 Round was invented primarily because FBI agents could not handle the felt recoil of the 10mm round... Why not go down to this fancy little round that had been around for ages called the hmmmm... oh yeah .45 ACP... It is weird how we get some of the rounds that we have today... 45 GAP was invented so that shorter guns would be able to feed the larger cartridge... 357 sig was designed to get wheelgun toting law officers to convert over to semi autos... What will they come up with next? Perhaps the 9x20... I mean hell they've already got the 9x17 and 9x18 and 9x19... Why not create a new one...

There are some folks that swear by the 40 s&w... only one of them has shown up to vote... haha... i would say the race is a tough race to call... between the 9mm glock people that carry them on here and the 45 carrying 1911 gang that is diehard I think it should be an interesting poll...

btw how do you do a poll on TGT?

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I'll vote for .40. I carry .40 as both primary and backup. Regardless of the .40's inception, it's a very versatile caliber. The relatively small size means I can carry almost twice as many rounds as a comparable .45ACP. Because of its velocity, it actually strikes with more kinetic energy than the .45ACP. Its temporary cavity is nearly twice that of a 9mm and about the same as the .45ACP. The .45 has it beat in the mass category, as it is the superior round for penetrating hard objects, breaking bones, etc. and is less likely to be deflected.

DOJ estimates that police officers will hit their target about 18% of the time. This means that when you fire 10 rounds at your bad guy, maybe 2 will hit home. I like the idea of more bullets.

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    How are you liking your defender? I've contemplated one for a while...

I have had the Defender for almost 10 years I guess. It's a great little gun for hot weather carry. Not great on capacity, but when I can't carry the USP, the Defender is the one I grab. The Glock's, Sig, Springfields, and others live in the gun safe.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I have had the Defender for almost 10 years I guess. It's a great little gun for hot weather carry. Not great on capacity, but when I can't carry the USP, the Defender is the one I grab. The Glock's, Sig, Springfields, and others live in the gun safe.

Good to know... I've looked at one a couple of times just never pulled the trigger... pun intended...

Top Bottom