• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • your primary CCW caliber (read 1st post please)

• 22 rimfire/25 acp

Votes: 1 0.7%
    • 32 caliber (any)

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • .380 acp/9x18 mak

Votes: 17 11.7%
    • 9mm

Votes: 38 26.2%
    • 38 spl

Votes: 7 4.8%
    • 357 mag

Votes: 2 1.4%
    • other not listed

• 357 sig

• 40 s&w

Votes: 27 18.6%

Votes: 49 33.8%

• Total voters

Duncan.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    houston

Either Colt government 1911, Colt Commander, Kimber BP TEN II when I feel it might be a 14+1 day, Glock 30, HK USP Tactical in you guessed it .45, Colt Defender, Glock 36, even on occasion Colt Gold Cup but that rear adj. sight will cut you up something awful.

Always .45. Typically I carry an old Goverment 1911 I figure after I run out anyone still moving I can club to death with it.

I now see after typing this I may have a bit of an addiction to the .45 and if you knew how many colts alone I had you might agree, I bet drugs are cheaper but guns are a blast.!

Mike Boyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    San Antonio
    I started carrying the new Taurus TCP 738 when I bought it a year ago, in the summer months, due to its light weight, small size and easy concealability, but in the very few months of winter, it gets religated to backup and I carry a .40 S&W inside the waist band under my jacket. I like the fact the .40 carries 14 in the mag and one in the pipe and is DAO with a fairly stiff trigger/safety. All of my nines are just as big as my .40's and the extra couple rounds of nines don't make up for the inital extra stopping power of a .40 +P JHP.

If we were allowed OC, then I would most likely opt for something even larger and more intimidating that I could shoot with quickly, comfortably and accurately. Like one gent mentioned, regardless of caliber, if you don't hit the target . . . .the threat may win the dispute.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I find my great grandma's Colt Vest Pocket .25acp in my pocket more than anything else currently. I also carry .38spl and .45 acp. I really am looking at the Kel-tec 9mm though now. I'd love to get a Colt New Agent at some point.

dtalley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Lost in BCS
    I pocket carry a KelTec p3at everyday but when weather permits it's a Kimber SS Ultra II .45acp. So I voted 380 acp because it is truely everyday

JMH1969

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Kemp
    Glock 27 - .40 S&W 9+1, 2 extra 10 rd mags. All three mags have +2 extensions. Night sights and Crimson Trace.

What I like about the Glocks is that you don't have to think about a safety in a stressful situation and yes the recoil snaps pretty good.

I wear it in a small of the back holster and with a T-shirt on, even if you know what to look for, you probably cant tell I have it on.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom