Lynx Defense

What kind of beer would go with Chicken fried steak, green beens and mashed potatoes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    This... Angels start singing any time I see it in the beer aisle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I'm not even going to comment on Sam Adams Octoberfest.. You should try a real Octoberfest, Like Spaten Oktoberfest, Paulaner Marzen, or Leinenkugel's Octoberfest beer. They'll make you wonder how Sam Addams won "Best Octoberfest" a few years ago.

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    What kind of beer would go with Chicken fried steak, green beens and mashed pot

My favorite octoberfest was Sam Adams, until I found shiner octoberfest. Best shiner I've had.

NorthTXMike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    Shiner Bock if you want a damn good beer. If you want to drink like your average Texan looking to get piss drunk, Natty or Keystone Light. If you wanna drink like your Texan grandpa, Schlitz. If you want to drink like your average poor ass high school/college kid, Beer Thirty (but ps, this stuff tastes like hot piss even when ice cold. only approach once you're already buzzed).

But on a serious note, Im no beer connoisseur, but I have drank plenty of it so far. Im partial to dark German style beers such as Shiner Bock and Leinenkugel's. Also on a side note, I've actually toured the Leinenkugel's brewery up in Chippewa Falls and I've got to say, I support them just because the family is as nice as they can be and they make one hell of a product. Hell the CEO even walks around the brewery talking to everyone and checking on things to make sure its all running smoothly.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I'm not usually a big fan of drinking beer WITH my food, but when I do (which is usually with pizza for some reason), I prefer a lighter beer. While I would never buy it to drink normally due to the abysmally low alcohol content, I would think Amstel Light would be a good choice. I'm a sucker for Shiner and Shiner Blonde also. Bud Light and Corona don't agree with my system and if I drink either of those beers with food, I can expect to either vomit that night or the next morning. I'm not really sure why since I normally have an iron stomach. Anyway, I'd rather eat first, wait 30-40 minutes, and then tear into some beer.

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    I'm not usually a big fan of drinking beer WITH my food, but when I do (which is usually with pizza for some reason), I prefer a lighter beer. While I would never buy it to drink normally due to the abysmally low alcohol content, I would think Amstel Light would be a good choice. I'm a sucker for Shiner and Shiner Blonde also. Bud Light and Corona don't agree with my system and if I drink either of those beers with food, I can expect to either vomit that night or the next morning. I'm not really sure why since I normally have an iron stomach. Anyway, I'd rather eat first, wait 30-40 minutes, and then tear into some beer.

Don't drink from the clear bottles. Should solve that problem. Sunlight turns the beer into skunk spray.. Seriously. Skunky Beer: How it happens and How to avoid letting it happen – Beeriety

Top Bottom