• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've changed up my pocket equipment as an older man. The favorite of all was a Gerber Combat Folder Applegate/Fairbairn full size and the "covert" downsized version.

Well, shxt, at age 70, any ability to utilize knife skills has gone south......snicker. My balance is shot to Hell and I couldn't out run an 80 year old hooker.

SO.....I quit carrying defensive/offensive type knives and rely only the Swiss Army "Champ" knife. That's unfortunate as I acquired a Bench Made assisted opening blade and it looks like a fine piece of equipment.

Flash
    Texas SOT

cb51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.
    I've changed up my pocket equipment as an older man. The favorite of all was a Gerber Combat Folder Applegate/Fairbairn full size and the "covert" downsized version.

Well, shxt, at age 70, any ability to utilize knife skills has gone south......snicker. My balance is shot to Hell and I couldn't out run an 80 year old hooker.

SO.....I quit carrying defensive/offensive type knives and rely only the Swiss Army "Champ" knife. That's unfortunate as I acquired a Bench Made assisted opening blade and it looks like a fine piece of equipment.

Flash

I hear where you're coming from!!!

At my present age, I'm not crying a knife that can even tempt me into using not as a fighting tool. I saw a real knife fight once, and that was enough for me. Now at senior citizen age, I'm not even going there. If they get past the blackthorn walking stick I carry, then it's going to be my gun next.

These two are enough knife for me. If I need more, then that's what they make machetes and chain saws for.

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    6cda7d41a2e48d60c42b5708a5b863dd.jpg

Got this today. It's a We Knife co 605H.

32963939662_b7ddf01774_z.jpg

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Last edited:

Rasputin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Cave Creek AZ
    Lately its been a Piranha Virus automatic. For a long time it was a Kershaw Leek, which I may go back to or switch off to sometimes. For my money, made in America Kershaw is the best knife value anywhere.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    This is a happy day! On Friday, a good friend gave me a new Gerber Applegate/ Fairbairn covert knife! It is now an assisted open blade- far different from the Covert and full size knives that I've had for a decade or more. Gonna update my previous post and carry that Gerber!

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/GB...Covert-FAST-37-inch-Assisted-Combo-Edge-Blade

Flash

Nice!! I think you were underestimating yourself in that previous post anyway, auto/assisted knife or not.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Thanks for the kind words! The new model Gerber assisted opener is a mighty fine knife. The fact that it was given to me by one of my best friends (female) makes it even nicer. What a spectacular thing to do. I will treasure it!

Flash

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Just picked this up for under $30.00 at walmart because I left the house without a knife on accident.

Kershaw Emerson 6055 CQC- 4KXL Folder 3.9" Stonewash/Satin Plain Blade, G10 and Steel Handles.

I'm really impressed. Action is smooth as butter and the lockup is very positive. Blade is sharp out of the box and the "Wave" feature works as well as my Emerson Commander.

6055_in-hand_1020x400.png

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I was just a about to buy one of those and still might. Amazon has them for 17.99 and free shipping. Never mind, it's a tanto black blade, but the green drop point is 24.99 prime. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...TF8&psc=1&smid=AWG96QD7MPWLO&tag=slickguns-20
    d

Just picked this up for under $30.00 at walmart because I left the house without a knife on accident.

Kershaw Emerson 6055 CQC- 4KXL Folder 3.9" Stonewash/Satin Plain Blade, G10 and Steel Handles.

I'm really impressed. Action is smooth as butter and the lockup is very positive. Blade is sharp out of the box and the "Wave" feature works as well as my Emerson Commander.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

That's cool. Respect

zwm6np.jpg

I've been carrying this Benchmade since I got it for free!

Man, I found a benchmade at the flea market. Model 522. $40. I didn't even haggle. I didn't realise it but I think I'm a benchmade collector. It's all I buy. Thinking back. My first was an auto. Tanto blade. Lots of fixed blade. Another auto. I have another 522 with a broken tip. (My fault). An auto in pieces, in a bag, hanging in the garage. No kidding. The alloy scales.

I have a 'bush crafter' benchmade hanging on the key hooks by the front door.

Man, WTF? I'm collecting knifes and never knew it. They're all over the house....and car. Pockets too.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Bought my first Kizer knife at the gun show. I am liking it. Got another clone knife on order and should be here in a couple days-
    af63ad64211733dedfa2a30cdb3884dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    I really like what Kizer is doing. I have a Gemini and Guru. When the Feist gets to all the dealers I'll have one of those too.

Top Bottom