• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    You don't know what you are writing about. Again, legislation would be required.

Of course legislation would be required. Lol. Please read before you reply. I am simply stating what I and many professionals believe is coming. That is all. I simply wanted to engage discussion. Thank you.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Of course legislation would be required. Lol. Please read before you reply. I am simply stating what I and many professionals believe is coming. That is all. I simply wanted to engage discussion. Thank you.

Now you change your tune......

You and your "many professionals" are wrong.

Also, when one has to invoke the support of anonymous people it seriously damages any credibility you might have had. You are also suspect since you are an NRA instructor

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    It's the only course required to apply for a Connecticut Pistol Permit. It doesn't really teach the firearm laws of Connecticut nor is it required to. It is a course that teaches basic knowledge of semi-autos and revolvers with a practical shoot of both types at the end of the course.

Florida as well.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    From what I have seen in the CHL classes that I have taken I would say a resounding YES for some of these extremely inexperienced and idiotic beings. Some very very scary stuff in there and I would never want to be an instructor. Wear your vests guys!

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Now you change your tune......

You and your "many professionals" are wrong.

Also, when one has to invoke the support of anonymous people it seriously damages any credibility you might have had. You are also suspect since you are an NRA instructor

You are entitled to your opinion. I have been reading your posts for some time, and it appears you consider yourself an "authority", and you make an effort to demean those with whom you disagree. I simply stated my opinion and time will tell if the state will require NRA Basic pistol before getting a CHL license. You think I am wrong. Ok. Looking forward to further dialogue. Others please grab your popcorn and coke.

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    From what I have seen in the CHL classes that I have taken I would say a resounding YES for some of these extremely inexperienced and idiotic beings. Some very very scary stuff in there and I would never want to be an instructor. Wear your vests guys!

I have sent several "home " after they "swept flesh" on the range after having stressed ad nauseam gun safety in class.

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    I don't see the NRA supporting such a move.

Could some use the additional training that are less experienced with a handgun? Of course they could. Mandatory? I don't see it happening based upon statistics alone.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    TXI, chew him up. MPA, you are trolling, and you are going to get your ass handed to you. While TXI can come across somewhat abrasively at times, he knows the law as it stands and keeps current with any and all changes that happen.

Challenge him at the risk of looking like an ignorant jackass.
    Oops, too late.

Last edited:

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    I don't see the NRA supporting such a move.

Could some use the additional training that are less experienced with a handgun? Of course they could. Mandatory? I don't see it happening based upon statistics alone.

You don't see the NRA supporting such a move? I would beg to differ. However, the NRA will not engage, but be left solely as a resource for the state to engage if the state feels basic pistol shooting, and particularly gun safety, is warranted for prospective CHL license holders. In other words, NRA will not advocate but welcome the state to use them as a resource.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You are entitled to your opinion. I have been reading your posts for some time, and it appears you consider yourself an "authority", and you make an effort to demean those with whom you disagree. I simply stated my opinion and time will tell if the state will require NRA Basic pistol before getting a CHL license. You think I am wrong. Ok. Looking forward to further dialogue. Others please grab your popcorn and coke.

You stated it as fact, then pointed to your profile as to how much h of an "authority" you are with talk of your "circle of influence" as though you have some secret insider information.

You are trying to sell NRA classes. That is fine, just don't make up stuff or pass off wild conjecture as fact. Then you won't feel demeaned.

Wanna talk about the pros and cons of requiring an NRA class? Fine too.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You don't see the NRA supporting such a move? I would beg to differ. However, the NRA will not engage, but be left solely as a resource for the state to engage if the state feels basic pistol shooting, and particularly gun safety, is warranted for prospective CHL license holders. In other words, NRA will not advocate but welcome the state to use them as a resource.

Basic shooting and safety must be demonstrated to get a license.

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    You stated it as fact, then pointed to your profile as to how much h of an "authority" you are with talk of your "circle of influence" as though you have some secret insider information.

You are trying to sell NRA classes. That is fine, just don't make up stuff or pass off wild conjecture as fact. Then you won't feel demeaned.

Wanna talk about the pros and cons of requiring an NRA class? Fine too.

No one stated anything as "fact". You assumed "fact" not in evidence. You will come to know "fact" when I source it friend. If you don't see a "source" quoted by me, just assume it is my opinion. I use "circle of influence" because of confidentiality and lack of permission to use as reference specifically. Therefore, based on my "circle of influence" it is their opinion, and my opinion, basic pistol from the NRA will eventually be required to get a conceal carry license. There is nothing secret here. I believe several states are already requiring NRA Basic Pistol as prerequisite. Will it happen in Texas? Maybe - maybe not. I think it will, particularly if open carry ever passes legislative muster.

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    No one stated anything as "fact". You assumed "fact" not in evidence. You will come to know "fact" when I source it friend. If you don't see a "source" quoted by me, just assume it is my opinion. I use "circle of influence" because of confidentiality and lack of permission to use as reference specifically. Therefore, based on my "circle of influence" it is their opinion, and my opinion, basic pistol from the NRA will eventually be required to get a conceal carry license. There is nothing secret here. I believe several states are already requiring NRA Basic Pistol as prerequisite. Will it happen in Texas? Maybe - maybe not. I think it will, particularly if open carry ever passes legislative muster.

Pfffff....... Whatever!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My circle of influence is extremely wide spread and far reaching, even across the boundaries of space and time. It includes many people in high ranking positions including local, state, and federal government officials, several psychics, high ranking officials of Illuminati, the pope, and one guy who lives in a tent with no windows. I can't use their names due to their rights to privacy, and knowing who they are would only put you in danger.

They all say you and your friends don't know crap and your inside information is nothing more than your own ramblings at the coffee shop on Saturday morning.

You and your little NRA instructor buddies represent the bad side of things. The side that is willing to further infringe on people's rights because it would push more people in to your classes and make you a little more money.

The current direction of legislation is opposite of what you propose. Things are becoming more streamlined and red tape is being removed, not increased.

Your line of posts in this thread are some of the most absurd I've seen in a very long time, but I bet you're enjoying the attention.
    Strange that after only 20 or so posts in over a year you decide to pop in again with this.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    So the State of Texas just changes from a 10 hour classroom requirement for CHL to 4 hours then, will turn around and add another 8 hour NRA course into the mix?

I think not. I don't think the people of Texas would want that either. This isn't California....yet.

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    So the State of Texas just changes from a 10 hour classroom requirement for CHL to 4 hours then, will turn around and add another 8 hour NRA course into the mix?

I think not. I don't think the people of Texas would want that either. This isn't California....yet.

You may be right about Texas. The momemtum in my opinion will build. We shall see.

Also, something for you to contemplate. The state of Texas would simply require submission of Basic Pistol certificate with application for conceal carry prior to attending the CHL course. The Basic Pistol would have to be completed on the student's own "dime and time". Such a course would not be added to the classroom hours for a CHL in my opinion.

Just for your information, the NRA does not sponsor/sanction CHL carry and instructor classes. In other words, such classes (CHL basic and instructor) do not proscribe to the structural requirements of NRA marksmanship or safety compliance, unfortunately. I know this. I am also a CHL instructor.

Last edited:

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    I applaud you sir!

Thanks. I have had to do it in several classes. Lose money but guess what.....I and many CHL holders, and I am sure I can include you, do not want unsafe idiots carrying a firearm concealed or open, regardless of the 2nd amendment. Society is much more cosmopolitan, diverse, and congested on the streets than what our founders experienced.

Top Bottom