• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    My point is- call yourself whatever you want. Sometimes I pretend like I'm a nice person. I'm really not I just wanna get paid because it's like Reese Bobby said- "it's the fastest that gets paid and it's the fastest that gets laid"

When I was a kid- just because you're playing pretend, doesn't mean it's real. It doesn't even mean other people will play pretend with you.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Government shouldn't force views on its citizens.

Society can shun anything it wants.

Two completely different things.

Slippery slope, my friend. When society starts forcing views on citizens, government is sure to follow. Elected officials will do anything to stay in office. Dictating societal norms may sound all good and righteous when it benefits you but when it doesn't, you get threads like these. Trust me, I come from a culture and a religion that thought they should tell people how to behave and what was right and wrong on punishment of death or damnation. Best thing I ever did in my life was to leave all that behind. And getting engaged to a rich American WASP of a young lady. That keeps me smilin', too ;)

olhippy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don`t understand the whole wanting a sex change operation thing. It is just a foreign, strange concept to me. But, then again, I`m a crusty old fart, republican, and was raised with morals. Not that when younger some of the morals flew out the window but now---with age----- things are different.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    I don`t understand the whole wanting a sex change operation thing. It is just a foreign, strange concept to me. But, then again, I`m a crusty old fart, republican, and was raised with morals. Not that when younger some of the morals flew out the window but now---with age----- things are different.

Here's my thing, honestly, and also why I don't get the whole hang-up on "gender as a societal construct"

I really don't care what other people do. As long as their rights don't infringe on mine, my rights infringe on theirs, or I don't have to participate then I don't care.

So, for example, I have had friends, co-workers, bosses, and employees that are/were gay. Bully for you. My beliefs say that is wrong, their beliefs did not, we agree to disagree and everyone is happy to live and let live. Everyone I know who I am friendly with that is gay know I am happily married and leave me alone. I have had one guy hit on me in my life (guess I'm repulsive to both sexes) and it was a simple "No, thanks". Didn't even bother to tell him I was straight.

The transgender issue bothers me though. You want a sex change operation? Fine, whatever. Your life. Again, doesn't infringe on my rights. What does bother me is the expectation I will participate in something I see as a farce. Want to legally change their name? Fine, I'll call them by whatever name they want. Want me to refer to them as a "he" when they used to be a "she". Not going to happen. They didn't really switch genders. Yes, I'm aware of hormone therapies, surgeries, etc. You can't undo physiology, you can alter it but they were still born one way and then did some drastic body modification. Now I am expected to ignore what I believe for the sake of their self image? No, that's wrong.

That's really my issue with a lot of contemporary liberal ideology. I don't care what they believe, it is their insistence that others play along that bothers me. Whatever happened to live and let live?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    What pisses me off is forcing me to participate in any sort of celebration of "diversity" or "pride" at work.

Come to work. Get your S done. Go home. I don't want to know about it. I don't need to know about it or celebrate jack. And I sure as hell don't think the company should pay for anything related to promoting that.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    What pisses me off is forcing me to participate in any sort of celebration of "diversity" or "pride" at work.

Come to work. Get your S done. Go home. I don't want to know about it. I don't need to know about it or celebrate jack. And I sure as hell don't think the company should pay for anything related to promoting that.
    This is a huge point. To my libertarian friends who say "I just want to be left alone"...you are not going to be left alone.

I work for a huge worldwide company currently and am so thankful they dont push that garbage on us...and im surprised.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Here's my thing, honestly, and also why I don't get the whole hang-up on "gender as a societal construct"

I really don't care what other people do. As long as their rights don't infringe on mine, my rights infringe on theirs, or I don't have to participate then I don't care.

So, for example, I have had friends, co-workers, bosses, and employees that are/were gay. Bully for you. My beliefs say that is wrong, their beliefs did not, we agree to disagree and everyone is happy to live and let live. Everyone I know who I am friendly with that is gay know I am happily married and leave me alone. I have had one guy hit on me in my life (guess I'm repulsive to both sexes) and it was a simple "No, thanks". Didn't even bother to tell him I was straight.

The transgender issue bothers me though. You want a sex change operation? Fine, whatever. Your life. Again, doesn't infringe on my rights. What does bother me is the expectation I will participate in something I see as a farce. Want to legally change their name? Fine, I'll call them by whatever name they want. Want me to refer to them as a "he" when they used to be a "she". Not going to happen. They didn't really switch genders. Yes, I'm aware of hormone therapies, surgeries, etc. You can't undo physiology, you can alter it but they were still born one way and then did some drastic body modification. Now I am expected to ignore what I believe for the sake of their self image? No, that's wrong.

That's really my issue with a lot of contemporary liberal ideology. I don't care what they believe, it is their insistence that others play along that bothers me. Whatever happened to live and let live?
    I don't agree with the gender issues because it's all about organs. Male is male and female is female. That is why guys go to the men's restroom and shower in the men's locker rooms. Put a female in a males locker room or vise versa and problems could occur because they have different parts. Maybe it's old fashioned to think that problems could arise. In a perfect world we would treat everyone with respect everywhere but in reality we are too immature.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I used to facilitate VTCs for AMEDDC&S. Rooms full of Commanders once deliberated for days (minutes at a time) as to whether a particular soldier was due, at the Army's expense, a sex change operation and treatments. They eventually decided, "no". The point is they deliberated and pondered over it for days. My guess is, they'll eventually decide otherwise. Your tax dollars at work.....

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    If you have male parts and you're good at peeing standing up- Congrats! You're a dude like me. Now act like it.

If you have female parts and aiming where you pee is messy to get right- sorry but you're a girl. Another test- do you like Greys anatomy? Yes- you're a girl.

Knew a girl who was proud she could pee higher on a tree than me without using our hands. So was I...

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    If you are a swingin Richard, you are a man, and I guess you could have 2 gender choices: You be could be a 'beater' or a 'blower'. As for 'bouncing Betty's', well I do have high standards: 18 to 80, will, won't or maybe as long as they squat to pee they are alright by me. As for gender, well maybe there are also 2" Big ole good ones, and good ole big ones.

Top Bottom