• ...and so much more!
  • Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    I love my Yugo - here's a 50-yard group using a Bushnell TRS25 1x red-dot:

90smky.jpg

Damn thing is surprisingly accurate - I take full credit, of course, being the builder... *cough, cough*
    DK Firearms

Hizzie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2014
    Houston, Texas
    Some of their prices seem kind of high, but I guess you get what you pay for with the AKs.

I agree. I am more of a traditionalist, but I can go either way. Got a CA Centurion 39 with the "tactical" setup. I just left it like that, seems to work fine. To me wasn't worth doing too much to it to make it more traditional.

The one thing to me with the AK, though, is you can put anything you want on it, it still doesn't make it that much more ergonomic, at least to me it doesn't. Kind of like simplicity sometimes.

The Customer Service is worth the extra $$$. It took three tries to get a good AMD65. Atlantic was fantastic. I had a warranty issue with the second and Blaine went out if his way to light a fire under TGI and got me taken care of.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Any thoughts on the James river Armory JRAK47 like aimsurplus.com currently has I like the red furniture it's very similar to the wood on my Russian SKS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    James River Armory JRAK47:
    Features the correct number of US compliant parts and a New US made Chrome lined barrel. These fine Rifles were assembled from excellent condition Polish parts on New US made Receiver. Hot salt blued finish

Polish AKs are decent, and all the above features are good as long as the US-made barrel is to spec. It's a nice-looking AK in the pic.

navysooner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Ft. Worth
    Definitely don't get suckered into a 74 as apposed to 47. 74 ammo is starting to become very hard to find and when you do it double to triple the price of 7.62x39 ammo

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Definitely don't get suckered into a 74 as apposed to 47. 74 ammo is starting to become very hard to find and when you do it double to triple the price of 7.62x39 ammo
    I have over 6000rds of 5.45x39 because I thought that the mil sure ammo was under attack. It's still cheap if u buy the milsurp. If anyone has a nice ak74 that they can't find ammo for sell it to me.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Personally, I am what is known as a "purist" when it comes to AKs, in that I prefer them in their more natural, military configurations and not accessorized like an AR.
    You mean the military configuration of 1947? ;)
    Seems like the preferred military configuration these days is something like an Ulitmak rail with a red dot, and a light if they can get their hands on one.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Bulgarian with the 1.6mm receiver to mimic a milled rifle runs great. I recommend using a small round file to open up your rear sight it makes a huge difference. Did for me anyway.

I need to replace the front hand guard and my cleaning rod won't stay in so I just keep it in the case
    tymusuvy.jpg

only tactical AK accessory going to stock up on steel or Bulgarian mags soon(I hope)
    a9esahe5.jpg

The orange tape is just so my mags don't get mixed in with my dads, or folks at range days.

Will work for Ammo

Last edited:

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    If you get one with a canted sight just use a hammer to straighten it. Frm what I hear that's what the Russians do

Will work for Ammo

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    The FSP is pinned on lol. However, they're pins that weren't meant to be taken out, so who cares if they get bent up and deformed.

Top Bottom