• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    On something this obvious, I have to review the responses to see if I had already answered.
    Firefox by a big margin because it still supports all of the good add ons.
    support the little guy on the block.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I use Firefox on my PC and DDG on my cell. Satisfied with them both for several years now.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    uBlock's blocker of YouTube's adblock blocker stopped working for me on Chrome the other day. Brave's built in adblock was still going strong. Just another anecdote among many.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Chrome w/DDG isn the majority of my use however Opera and Firefox get some use to. Because I have iOS, Android, and Windows, I need some kind of consistent experience.

I won’t go on a rant here, but the concept of anonymity or personal and information security in the current era does not broadly exist.

Even using random locations behind VPNs using Tor won’t keep you from getting shot in the face when somebody, whether .gov, .civ, or .jqpublic is motivated enough.
    This!

Old Lady Cate

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I use Firefox 90% of the time but over the past year I have problems with it freezing after every Windows update. Finally figured that each time I am prompted for a Windows update I need to update Firefox to avoid issues. I do not have this problem with Edge, CC or Brave browsers, each of which I use for only one or two specific applications.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    uh oh, first time Brave's built in adblock has failed me... uBlock Origin in Librewolf is working, tho.

1704998200598.png

zonearc0

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2024
    SMITHVILLE
    I use Chrome. It's simple .. I use their entire ecosystem ... from an Android phone to Google Docs. Microsoft Office is expensive and Google Docs is free. Google Drive is cheap to store my photos and documents, etc. So, I need one login and everything is accessible to each other. For example, I can print from my phone to my printer at home because it has Google Chrome installed and didn't have to install a bunch of apps to do it, etc. it's simple.
    Yes, google chrome is bloated now. yes, its a bit slower. Yes, it's not quite as secure. But, it is the most powerful and feature rich browser and that's what I prefer.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Thought everyone already knew this, but guess not. An incognito window is just a temporary instance that deletes cookies and temp files when you close that instance. All the same tracking BS happens within that instance as it does in a normal browser window; it just lacks permanence on your local machine. ...and of course google tracks you through chrome whether you log into google services or not.

Last edited:

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    duck duck go has their own browser and a very well done password remember'er that makes pw entry super easy
    Dang - I looked for it to use when I come in here on my tablet; couldn't find it. Only found the security password thingy for the tablet itself. Any chance you could type out the path?
    Might be my DDG version is too old - 5.184.0

I use Brave on the pc - the pwd mgr is easy & awesome.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Thought everyone already knew this, but guess not. An incognito window is just a temporary instance that deletes cookies and temp files when you close that instance. All the same tracking BS happens within that instance as it does in a normal browser window; it just lacks permanence on your local machine. ...and of course google tracks you through chrome whether you log into google services or not.
    I try to stay far away from anything Google. Stopped using their search about tthe time they nuked their motto of "Don't Be Evi;l". I dont know what replaced it, but damn!

I would trade in my Android phone in a second, if Apple weren't the only real choice. I did check out that "Freedom Phone", which sounded good on paper. A closer look revealed that it only had 3G tech, so might not even be supported that long. And certainly wouldn't get you the crazy data rates that 5G can supply. We wait.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I try to stay far away from anything Google. ....
    I just now had the idea to download Brave into my tablet, to take care of the password thing ^^ - so I opened up the Brave site, clicked download the browser, and it took me right to the Google Play Store to get it. Pffft. I didn't.

Question for anyone who knows for sure...

Is there any reason to think that anything obtained through the Google Play Store doesn't also have some little google-monitoring-addon-thingy* coded into it?

*Yes, that's the technical term. :D

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I just now had the idea to download Brave into my tablet, to take care of the password thing ^^ - so I opened up the Brave site, clicked download the browser, and it took me right to the Google Play Store to get it. Pffft. I didn't.

Question for anyone who knows for sure...

Is there any reason to think that anything obtained through the Google Play Store doesn't also have some little google-monitoring-addon-thingy* coded into it?

*Yes, that's the technical term. :D
    I can't tell you for 100%, but my general rule is that Google is like "cooties". If you touch it, you get some of their stink on you.

Good luck trying to get it off, too.

ETA: Hint: It's Google.

Two Gun Bob

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2022
    DFW
    What are the advantages of Brave or Duck over Firefox?
    Brave has a true Tor browser available, and is probably the best for privacy. Ironically Mozilla/Firefox about 5 years ago had become the most unsecure platform out there.

If you aren't aware of the backstory, Mozilla got pissed off at their CEO because some years before he had the audacity to donate some money to a political cause which supported traditional marriage. The howls of the skittle haired faggots was so loud he resigned and started Brave, and took a lot of the talent with him. Considering how good of a browser they created it's obvious that Mozilla's problems weren't due to the CEO and the un-woke plebes slinging code, that's for sure.

Top Bottom