• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Obviously hard to get good managers as well! Poor management results in poor employees.
    Of course, between the shortage of people who want to work and those that see employment as a possible jackpot when they get a chance to yell "racism" when they are facing termination, it is difficult to fire workers today. The stuff I see workers getting away with at my job would have lead to termination - if not charges as well - a decade ago.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Ok, get pissed at me if you want but everyone here is trying to stir up a bunch of shit over nothing.

Some kid working at whataburger is told to ask questions about drinks, fries, little desert things, and whatever other shit they upsell at the counter.

Guy comes in and orders “2 sandwiches”. Kid asks all the questions he’s paid to ask and the guy gets mad. At some point manager gets involved and just tells the guy to go. And that’s based off one side of the story, we know that’s always completely accurate…it would never be hyperbolic or exaggerated. I bet the kid literally held the line up for 10 minutes to ask the 50 questions as claimed. Not like every fast food chain wants to try the sales and push you through as fast as possible.

And I’m not going to completely ignore the fact that this story is coming from someone probably already frustrated by their condition. I know how that goes and have dealt with it first hand.

How about we quit acting like the whataburger kid jumped over the counter and started beating the guy with a fry basket. I hope corporate has a wastebasket next to the phone for filing away reports for events like this.
    I am pissed at your response.

I thought I was the only "victim" blamer on here.

Any time I hear a story about someone getting wronged I analyze their part of it since we usually only get one side.

Older guy, speech issues, trying to order through a speaker with background noise, employee trying to decipher the message through one ear phone with a whole restaurant worth of noise in the other ear, what could go wrong?

He definitely did everything he could to avoid this situation.........

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I have no complaints with the Whataburgers I have frequented in the last several years. Slow service at one during the virus hysteria, but not really any problems since. Orders correct, food hot.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

We’ve noted enormous differences in specific locations of WAB, BK, but especially PopEye’s. A whole lot depends on the on-site management.

In N.O., our neighborhood PopEye’s was run by a very neatly dressed Black Lady who stayed up-front; the food & service were great. But another location, down the same street, was always awful.

With the WAB’s, the ones in Gulfport, El Campo, Winnie, Victoria, & East Baton Rouge are always good. Some in Houston, Brownsville, & Lafayette always suck.

We have a newish pizza chain nearby; “Pizza Artista”; which has become our favorite. They use very young employees who are courteous, enthusiastic, & take pride in their jobs & products.

<>

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Ay Yi Yi!

Long ago, I quit going to fast food joints...prices are now ludicrous and I just don't require fast food to enjoy life.

Do I like fast food?

Oh yeah, but I don't 'NEED' it.

What to do then?

Eat at home...and yer olde BP will thank you for it...but maybe not your cholesterol, but who's counting...?

Mine usually runs around 300+ and has for decades.

Last night, my wife and I ate big, big, big steaks and our own french fry style of potatoes, I helped...I got out the silverware...

Today, for the first time...ok, the second time in 3 months, I ran my big ass zero turn mower and it was a joy to do.

Had spinal/fusion surgery mid-|Dec. and was told to not mow post surgery...sheesh, had to hire some guys (who did a great job, but...) it cost $180 per yarde mow...yikes!

Am I rambling?

Yeah, old bastard syndrome...

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I've never liked whataburger. All of their burgers seem soggy to me.

Their fries and spicy ketchup are pretty darn good.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    The interrupting order taking is not limited to Whataburger… it’s pervasive

the first time they interrupt with a question while I’m talking I ask them not to do it again

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    OP treat yourself to a Double Double with onions :GRILLED: is an option ask for well done or crispy fries and ask for a packet of spread for dipping your fries :Optional: and a drink. Most friendly and curtious staff you'll fined in a burger place. Warning they get crowded so 10:30-11:00 am or 1:30 pm or after 7:00pm drive through is a gamble if you can't see the front of the line. Still worth a wait regardless.
    This is Not a franchise blow n Go it's owned by own person quality is always on Top.

Flame suit on but won't respond anyway

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I just order #*.
    Then answer their scripted questions.
    Ie. "All the vegetables?"
    No lettuce.
    "Would you like to add cheese?"
    Yes.

Etc.
    My orders come out correct 95% of the time.

If you interrupt their routine, you get the result of an interrupted routine.

Just wait till "bard" takes your order and you order "cheeseburger ,no lettuce, small onion rings and water in a medium cup".

You'll stall the drive through line.
    Then everyone is upset.

It's best to let them go by script and punch the screen where they expect to punch the screen.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Then, there is another entire different problem affecting this.

The Pelosi “free money’’ from the COVID farce is still coming in. Of course, we & our grandkids will pay for it.

But, those who work for minimum wages have just chosen to not work and live on Pelosi cash until very recently.

I, at 81, have been cleaning my own yard, all 3.5ac of it. Just yesterday, I found a high school senior who agreed to do it for $12/hour. And, I was very glad to find him. The actual pay is more like $15/hr.

The mower Guy charges $600/month to keep about 2 ac of it mowed. He does ONLY ‘’Mow, Blow, & Go”, though.

Meanwhile our graduate MRI Techs are starting over $25/hour.

I despise democrats and am not very happy about republicans, either.

<>

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I had Whataburger tonight. I tell em ketchup and mayo only before they get a chance to ask a bunch of questions.

Talking about excessive questions, I won’t buy gas at HEB. I hate having to press no 4 or 5 times before pumping. Wanna receipt? Want fuel additive? Want a car wash? Wanna use debit? What’s your zip code?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom