• ...and so much more!
  • Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I go on Sunday because the lines are much shorter. :roflfunny:

Actually I don't like drive through anything, so I just do inside. The lines are much shorter, the people at the counter are friendly, and the food comes to my table quickly.

As to Whataburger, my daughter's boyfriend is a life long Texan and says that since they were bought out the quality of the food is not nearly as good as it used to be. I've only eaten there a couple of times, so at the risk of being asked to leave the state I'll just say that I don't think that their burgers are anything special.
    I am working part time at Taco Bell right now for some extra cash. I can assure you that the drive through gets the priority. All of these fast food places keep metrics on how long a car sits at the screen ordering and then how long they spend at the window paying, getting their food and driving off. It's projected on a screen in the service area and averages throughout the entire day. Corporate watches this. Drive through orders are ALWAYS prioritized.....so you wont get better or faster service by parking and going inside.
    ARJ Defense ad

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    if you want a better chance at your order being correct use the app you get to answer all the questions in the peace and quite of your home or car.

You get big discounts/deals and earn points towards free stuff. I frequent McDonald's for 2 sausage and egg McMuffins. My app always has buy one get one free or buy one get the second for a buck. So 2 samichis for +-5 bucks.

They have the same deal for double cheese burgers and bacon mc doubles or 2 burgers for under 5 bucks.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I rarely ate there ..and stopped when the Yankees bought them out.

You need better food than that anyway if you are fighting cancer.
    That crap is poison

Treat yourself to better quality , your body needs good food. God bless and prayers for you

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    What is the different home environment? Two parents working vs 1? Divorce rates? Technology?

I find it extremely hard to believe that my employer and others that I am aware of just accidentally scoop up all the early 20s people with a good work ethic.

Relating it back to the topic, every chick fil a I go to, without even talking to employees is very nice. Whataburger on the other hand, they all look run down. I highly doubt the status of those restaurants is only known to people who are in their teens to 20s.

The age and abilities of the employees of the two businesses are the same. The standards set by the employers however, are not.

maybe that’s due to a recruiting issue more than anything?
    Yes to all on the home environment. Plus drastically lower church attendance.

Maybe your definition of good work ethic is not the same as mine. But I have seen the issues across more than one company and more than one industry. And have had an earful from a number of business owners.

Recruiting is not the issue.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    As to Whataburger, my daughter's boyfriend is a life long Texan and says that since they were bought out the quality of the food is not nearly as good as it used to be. I've only eaten there a couple of times, so at the risk of being asked to leave the state I'll just say that I don't think that their burgers are anything special.
    That is a popular line, but I honestly cannot say I have seen the slightest change in the food. Would not have been shocked if had occurred, but I have not seen it.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Employees are only as good as management standards, in pretty much any industry.
    Today's culture does not endorse or value hard work and unshakable ethics but that is a far deeper discussion.
    People are just people, they reflect what they have been taught and their life experiences in that context. This generational argument is reflective of our [broken] culture, character is far more influential than generation.
    Many people are handicapped by a societal propensity toward not being interested in learning because it's easier and more lucrative to collect victim points.
    Watch any "reality competition", all are focused on the sad, sad story, relative victimhood of the participant and the endorsement of how strong they were to overcome their fear of broccoli.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    This is why I love the new self order menus at restaurants. I am all in favor of technology taking over pointless jobs.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

At what point to all jobs become "pointless"?
    At some point in the near future, robots combined with AI will be able to do almost all the manual tasks that humans can do.
    The problem with that is what are all these people going to do for a living if there's no jobs?

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Yes to all on the home environment. Plus drastically lower church attendance.

Maybe your definition of good work ethic is not the same as mine. But I have seen the issues across more than one company and more than one industry. And have had an earful from a number of business owners.

Recruiting is not the issue.
    Im not a religious person so I don’t view church attendance as a big deal.

Divorce rates are now at a 50 year low, so in that aspect things should be improving for younger workers.

Technology doesn’t make things worse, it just changes things. I find that we need to teach people things that we didn’t use to. we also don’t need to teach things that we used to need to. Adapting to the current times is the deal breaker. See some of the responses in the thread about people not knowing how to drive stick as an example where people fail to realize their own flaws in the way they choose to judge younger people.

whataburgers issues are just a management issue. It really is that simple. Blaming it on generational issues is just an excuse. It’s the easy out that lazy people look for because then they don’t have to do any work to solve the problem. Ive heard comments much like your first one for long enough that the “current generation” that was once spoken about has began retiring. Chick fil a makes far more money than whataburger per location despite being open much less hours and everyone loves the service they get there. Like I said, they hire out of the same pool.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    At what point to all jobs become "pointless"?
    At some point in the near future, robots combined with AI will be able to do almost all the manual tasks that humans can do.
    The problem with that is what are all these people going to do for a living if there's no jobs?
    One job is done away with and a new job is created. automation tends to get rid of entry level jobs. I’m on the fence about whether or not I think that’s much of a problem.

GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    Actually, I know that. Not specifically about Taco Bell or Chik fil A, but about Dunkin' Donuts. There was a store right down the road from where we used to live. I noticed that display above the drive through window. It had for sections on the screen, two of which were green, two were red. I asked the manager and he explained that tracked the drive through time and reported it back to corporate. If a franchisee had too many stores showing poor times, corporate would either send in manager to help or in extreme cases take the franchise away. As it happened, this franchisee had only four stores and three of them were in trouble. Which is why this manager was there.

At the time, Dunkin' Donut granted an exclusive territory to each franchisee. He or she could open as many stores within their area as they wanted. In parts of Boston you could see the next store from the one you were standing in front of.

I am working part time at Taco Bell right now for some extra cash. I can assure you that the drive through gets the priority. All of these fast food places keep metrics on how long a car sits at the screen ordering and then how long they spend at the window paying, getting their food and driving off. It's projected on a screen in the service area and averages throughout the entire day. Corporate watches this. Drive through orders are ALWAYS prioritized.....so you wont get better or faster service by parking and going inside.

GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    McDonald's and Wendy's have started using kiosks for customers to place orders and some stores in airports are completely automated.

Robots don't take sick days, don't demand breaks, don't steal stuff to give to their friends, don't spit in customer foods, and don't get days off.

Since California now has a $20.00/hour minimum wage we'll see more of this, not less.

Fast food jobs were never meant to be full time careers.

One job is done away with and a new job is created. automation tends to get rid of entry level jobs. I’m on the fence about whether or not I think that’s much of a problem.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    This is true but they all have ways of working around that system. Whether it is holding cars at the first window that is not timed, or having them park in front and wait for their food.

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    Culture. If you believe the culture hasn't changed through the generations, I have a bridge in Baltimore I'd like to sell you.
    100%. The first job I had when I was 11 years old (1963) in So California. A pump jockey in a service station. I should note that no such thing exists anymore. The owner was a rough as nails guy from Arkansas who didn't take any crap from anyone, customer or employee. If you didn't clean the front & rear windows as well as pop the hood and check the oil, he would jump on you but good - I swear he had eyes in the back of his head. On the flip side, if you did what you were expected to, he would eventually let you into the repair bays and start you on oil changes. From there you worked up to tune-ups, brakes and anything else that needed doing. He basically ran an apprenticeship for auto mechanics. Those were the days when you could set the points with a business card; the only "tool" you really needed was a timing light. Dwell-Tach was optional.
    Believe me, just about all the work ethic I learned from good old Carl Johnson Chevron are still with me.

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    THIS: "Fast food jobs were never meant to be full time careers."

F.F. jobs are a haven for underachievers who don't want responsibility beyond the barest they can be hired for.

How can I say something so cruel?

My family is full of these folks...if they can qualify for 'welfare' that's a big plus for them...no sense of dignity whatsoever.

Most, no not all, most, just don't care to get ahead.

Wallowing in self pity is recreation for them.

Dead end jobs don't faze them a bit...but they obliviously think, pay me big...flipping burgers is a hard, demanding job...man.

Yeah, sure...deadbeat.

Top Bottom