Savannah, TX
    Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    We know a manager at a hopdoddy's. He has always been good to us. He started out as a dish washer. Has worked his way up to the front of house manager. He is working at a busier location for a few months because they are not performing as well. He is just going to keep working his way up. I don't think he is even 30 yo
    <>

As I have several really good friends who have “worked their way up’’ to a point where they now own several successful companies, themselves; people sometimes ask me “What is their secret of success?’’

I have boiled it down to a few characteristics: Drive, dependability, & no fear of temporary failures. We tend to seek out those who treat us with sincerity & DEPENDABILITY ! That is the main determinant of eventual career success.

Sadly, we now see highly-educated young folks seeking a ‘‘job’’ as their ultimate goal. I always take time to advise against that life course; telling them to aim for OWNING small businesses. Our misguided government defines ‘’small business’’ as any with fewer than 500 employees.

The deep state has regimented both Academia and Medicine into top-down order taking servants. Yet so few even recognize this evil machination.

America was NOT great b/c Americans followed bureaucratic orders; America was great b/c capitalistic individual effort & risk-taking produced a bounty like no other system !

As I often teach: “Beware of “fair’’. ‘’Fair’’ is the mortal enemy of OPPORTUNITY & of individual success ! YOUR success !

leVieux

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Maybe I'll go to burgerking on the next total solar eclipse, but probably not before then.
    <>

Being really OLD, and having had Friends at the upper echelon of BK; I can recall way back when their products led that industry.

Bureaucratization led BK into absolute mediocracy.

Just as we now see happening in WhatABurger.

<>

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    200w.gif

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Dripping Springs. Tried to order 2 sandwiches. I am an elderly cancer patient and my voice is compromised. The girl would not let me talk. I just wanted 2 sandwiches. I cannot answer 50 questions, it hurts to talk. SO the idiot manager gets testy with me. ANSWER the questions, and Q!UIT using That tone of voice. It is the ONLY voice that I have left. **** you whatabungle.
    I will never go there again.
    Have you thought about bringing a note pad since speaking is an issue?

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Well that really sucks!!! We've been going to our Whataburger regularly (at least a couple times a week) since we moved here to Magnolia in 2011. Don't remember ever having a problem. Owner seems to stay on top of things pretty well. There have been a few workers who weren't all that sharp (seemed a bit retarded). None of them lasted long. There always seems to be several small groups of guys eating/drinking coffee) there (especially during hunting season). Seems like the local hangout for all LEO's and firemen/rescue workers.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    My local Whataburger has always been crappy for decades now. Always slow even when not busy and sometimes the order is wrong. It really hasn't changed much since the new ownership.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    Dripping Springs. Tried to order 2 sandwiches. I am an elderly cancer patient and my voice is compromised. The girl would not let me talk. I just wanted 2 sandwiches. I cannot answer 50 questions, it hurts to talk. SO the idiot manager gets testy with me. ANSWER the questions, and Q!UIT using That tone of voice. It is the ONLY voice that I have left. **** you whatabungle.
    I will never go there again.

I would recommend informing corporate of this interaction. It probably won't change anything, but at least they'll know. If they even respond, they'll probably just send you some discount coupons.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    With the current culture as it is, and many that don't really care for the job in the first place, is any wonder that service has suffered?
    Many of my students work in fast food while attending class, and some don't have the attitude to work well with the public.

As far as managers go at a fast food joint, last week they were probably dumping the trash. We aren't talking businessman here.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ok, get pissed at me if you want but everyone here is trying to stir up a bunch of shit over nothing.

Some kid working at whataburger is told to ask questions about drinks, fries, little desert things, and whatever other shit they upsell at the counter.

Guy comes in and orders “2 sandwiches”. Kid asks all the questions he’s paid to ask and the guy gets mad. At some point manager gets involved and just tells the guy to go. And that’s based off one side of the story, we know that’s always completely accurate…it would never be hyperbolic or exaggerated. I bet the kid literally held the line up for 10 minutes to ask the 50 questions as claimed. Not like every fast food chain wants to try the sales and push you through as fast as possible.

And I’m not going to completely ignore the fact that this story is coming from someone probably already frustrated by their condition. I know how that goes and have dealt with it first hand.

How about we quit acting like the whataburger kid jumped over the counter and started beating the guy with a fry basket. I hope corporate has a wastebasket next to the phone for filing away reports for events like this.

Top Bottom