• ...and so much more!
  • codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Started out with a cured salmon gravlax with chive potato blinis and sour cream. Then on to a roasted Guinea hen with a fantastic herbed spätzle and some fresh baby vegetables grilled over wild apple wood.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Had breakfast for supper. I made biscuits, sausage, scrambled eggs with a little cheddar on top and taters.

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Had a couple small porkchops cooked in onions with mac & cheese and greenbeans cooked or simmered slow in a lot of bacon and onions then topped off with real butter. OHH lordy now I can't move LOL.

armadillo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    TX
    My wife went to the store to get some crawfish tail meat so I could make etouffee. They were out, so she came home with a couple of pounds of live crawfish and no fixings to go with them.

At least I had a package of Zatarains crawfish boil so they came out OK - but no potatos or corn in the pot.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Started out with a cured salmon gravlax with chive potato blinis and sour cream. Then on to a roasted Guinea hen with a fantastic herbed spätzle and some fresh baby vegetables grilled over wild apple wood.

Gravlax, blinis, guinea hen, spatzle ... wild apple wood? ...

Is that you Robin Leach?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    She got a sister with equal aspirations? LOL

+1

i had a fifth of evan williams and a pack of marbs.
    then off to work.
    >=)
    (ok not the whole fifth...)

whickey for the flavour and the smoeks for the vitamins.
    got some calorie content form sprite and coke.
    all in all, failry balanced meal id say.

oh and ice cube for ruffage.

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    I think tomorrow is taco day, that sounds good.

Here is my college student budget recipe for simple, quick, and excellent chicken and bean mix for tacos, burritos, or enchiladas.
    It might sound weird to use canned stuff but tastes wonderful and is sooooo simple to make.
    1 can of chicken (the big size, like the big tuna cans)
    1 can of refried beans
    Hotsauce (any kind)
    Salt, Pepper, chili powder, and some tabasco sauce

Drain the can of chicken and put into a medium size pot on medium to high heat, add salt, pepper, chili powder and tabasco (I just kinda do two or three shakes of each)
    Pour some of the salsa in with the chicken, about 2 or 3 spoonfulls, let it heat while you are opening the beans.
    Put the beans in and mix together. Let that heat up for a little bit. If you want it a little bit more runny add some more salsa to it.

Get your taco shells or tortillas and make what ever you want, I usually just top with some shredded cheese and a little bit of salsa. But you can do what ever you like.
    That recipe will make about 3 or 4 good size soft tacos, if you need more just double the stuff. The leftovers are very useful.

This also makes excellent enchilada filling which i usually just put a can of enchilada sauce or queso over them and they are wonderful, since all you have to do is make the mix, put together the enchiladas, put them in a pyrex dish, pour over the sauce and let it heat for a little bit since everything is already cooked.

One other thing I have done is there is a box of cheesy spanish rice (don't remember the brand) in the same place you get the taco stuff, I have used that as a side to my soft tacos then when I put the left overs up I mixed the rice and the filling together and the next night I used that for enchilada filling.

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    Country style pork ribs and peppers grilled over charcoal and I'm having leftovers for breakfast. If you can't cook it on a grill it ain't worth eating. LOL

Top Bottom