• Just Geri

Well-Known
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Ohio
    too much...

Started with a couple cold beverages while the grill heated up and then made Grilled BBQ Chicken, Potatoes and Onions in foil on grill and Chef Salad. Finished with Peach Cobbler and Vanilla ice cream. Needless to say showered and crashed.
    Lynx Defense

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Fried chicken breast strips, on top of salad made with romaine lettuce, sliced tomatoes, chopped green onions, sliced mushrooms, bacon bits and honey mustard dressing. I usually slice up a few hard boiled eggs, but forgot it this time.

Very good and healthy meal....... but I was raiding the refrigerator a little later for some calorie packed substance. Oh well, I tried!:p

riverara

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Leftover Saltlick....MMMmmmm!
    I had organic whole wheat pasta, organic grass fed ground beef mixed in with some garlic spaghetti sauce. And some homemade potato bread. MMmmm!

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Here is my college student budget recipe for simple, quick, and excellent chicken and bean mix for tacos, burritos, or enchiladas.
    It might sound weird to use canned stuff but tastes wonderful and is sooooo simple to make.
    1 can of chicken (the big size, like the big tuna cans)
    1 can of refried beans
    Hotsauce (any kind)
    Salt, Pepper, chili powder, and some tabasco sauce

Drain the can of chicken and put into a medium size pot on medium to high heat, add salt, pepper, chili powder and tabasco (I just kinda do two or three shakes of each)
    Pour some of the salsa in with the chicken, about 2 or 3 spoonfulls, let it heat while you are opening the beans.
    Put the beans in and mix together. Let that heat up for a little bit. If you want it a little bit more runny add some more salsa to it.

Get your taco shells or tortillas and make what ever you want, I usually just top with some shredded cheese and a little bit of salsa. But you can do what ever you like.
    That recipe will make about 3 or 4 good size soft tacos, if you need more just double the stuff. The leftovers are very useful.

This also makes excellent enchilada filling which i usually just put a can of enchilada sauce or queso over them and they are wonderful, since all you have to do is make the mix, put together the enchiladas, put them in a pyrex dish, pour over the sauce and let it heat for a little bit since everything is already cooked.

One other thing I have done is there is a box of cheesy spanish rice (don't remember the brand) in the same place you get the taco stuff, I have used that as a side to my soft tacos then when I put the left overs up I mixed the rice and the filling together and the next night I used that for enchilada filling.

Dang! That sounds better than some of the stuff Emeril makes. Maybe you should consider some kind of cooking school or chef college.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    We had some leftover steak and baked potatoes from yesterday. Got some locally grown corn on the cob, slapped it in the pressure cooker for 4 minutes, buttered and salted. It was great!

Flash

Top Bottom