• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Going To be trying soon two new to me whiskies, Outskirts blended, and Smoke Wagon Small Batch bourbon. Has anyone any opinions on these?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Going To be trying soon two new to me whiskies, Outskirts blended, and Smoke Wagon Small Batch bourbon. Has anyone any opinions on these?

Smoke Wagon is a pretty decent bourbon, especially for a couple dudes in Nevada. Hopefully you didn’t pay more than $55 for it. I’ve seen it at some mom & pop liquor stores for north of a benjamin. Spec’s usually has it in stock at the MSRP of $50 or so. At the higher price point, hold out for Eagle Rare or a similar BTAC product, because while Smoke sb is better than average, it’s not great.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Smoke Wagon is a pretty decent bourbon, especially for a couple dudes in Nevada. Hopefully you didn’t pay more than $55 for it. I’ve seen it at some mom & pop liquor stores for north of a benjamin. Spec’s usually has it in stock at the MSRP of $50 or so. At the higher price point, hold out for Eagle Rare or a similar BTAC product, because while Smoke sb is better than average, it’s not great.
    I find Eagle Rare to be a disgusting adult beverage, my taste buds revolt at the thought. Years ago, a now deceased friend shared a bottle with me that was very good, I bought some on my next trip to the liquor store, it was very different. The bottle that he had shared had been bottled 25 years earlier, maybe a "different" recipe or quality of components.

Edited to add, priced at about $65.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I find Eagle Rare to be a disgusting adult beverage, my taste buds revolt at the thought. Years ago, a now deceased friend shared a bottle with me that was very good, I bought some on my next trip to the liquor store, it was very different. The bottle that he had shared had been bottled 25 years earlier, maybe a "different" recipe or quality of components.

Edited to add, priced at about $65.
    BT Antique Collection was priced at $65 retail back in 2009-2010. Eagle Rare 17 would have been in that range.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    BT Antique Collection was priced at $65 retail back in 2009-2010. Eagle Rare 17 would have been in that range.
    Sorry for misunderstanding, Smokewagon was priced at $65.

The Eagle Rare was consumed in the late 1990's, it had been purchased as a gift for my friend 25 years prior by his father.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

The whole BTAC line went BSC on the pricing front about five years later; Buffalo Trace figured out they could allocate more to the commercial side and retail got left to the secondary market. I’m still pretty hot about that.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

The whole BTAC line went BSC on the pricing front about five years later; Buffalo Trace figured out they could allocate more to the commercial side and retail got left to the secondary market. I’m still pretty hot about that.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    G&T while smoking them searing the steaks. Switching to a nice red for dinner.
    fa293858e78e0e07c268246f8a8c22cb.jpg

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom