• ...and so much more!
  • TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Profile names: we have many members who have come up with very creative names. How did you come up with yours?

I'll go first:
    I was born in Tippicanoe county Indiana. My dad was born in Bledsoe county Tennessee. Put the two together and get "TipBledsoe," which is also my SASS alias name.
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    First two letters of my nickname and lastname, plus I have fished for bass all my life and my voice part is bass in Community Choir and BBShop/Gospel quartet.

Photos&Scans 014.jpg

Long ago in North Carolina
    Photos&Scans 380.jpg

But I do also like Salmon and steelhead, so maybe the "ss" could stand for that too.

40lb salmon caught from the bank on a medium/light 8 1/2' spinning rod with 12lb line.
    Photos&Scans 369.jpg

First salmon. Caught at the jetty on an old 7' glass rod 1 wk after moving to the OR shore.
    Photos&Scans 476.jpg

First steelhead. Caught from the bank on the famous Bulkley river in Canada during my buddy's moose hunt.
    Photos&Scans 498.jpg

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Ben English was a real person and I don't mean the one who is written up in Wikipedia (although I've met him, too, but that's a story for another day). Ben English was my maternal grandmother's paramour. He treated her well and made her happy, unlike her husband. Too bad he was a drunk who couldn't keep a job but, hey, he made Maw-Maw happy so when he passed on, the kids secretly buried him in the family plot. It had to be a secret; my maternal grandfather would have killed anyone in the family who showed any respect to Ben English after he died. (Those last two sentences are family lore that I have not verified, just in case one of you is a geneologist who wants to start searching those gravestone picture sites just to prove me wrong. I know how some of y'all are...:))

I adopted Ben English as my nom de plume over 30 years ago and it has since appeared in a variety of odd places.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Ben English was a real person and I don't mean the one who is written up in Wikipedia (although I've met him, too, but that's a story for another day). Ben English was my maternal grandmother's paramour. He treated her well and made her happy, unlike her husband. Too bad he was a drunk who couldn't keep a job but, hey, he made Maw-Maw happy so when he passed on, the kids secretly buried him in the family plot. It had to be a secret; my maternal grandfather would have killed anyone in the family who showed any respect to Ben English after he died. (Those last two sentences are family lore that I have not verified, just in case one of you is a geneologist who wants to start searching those gravestone picture sites just to prove me wrong. I know how some of y'all are...:))

I adopted Ben English as my nom de plume over 30 years ago and it has since appeared in a variety of odd places.

I thought the "English" part might have to do with your love of the English dictionary! :roflsmile:

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    About 10 years ago after being laid off from a towing job, I wound up running motor coaches and transit buses for a while. We were providing transportation for Intel's big expansion in Hillsboro - driving construction workers from the parking area to the main gate for their job site. A couple of the other drivers, funny old farts, started calling me Sasquatch because I was one of the biggest people in the crew (6'4" and at the time I weighed in between 305 and 315lbs) and I guess I sort of have a Sasquatch like gait when I walk. The nickname stuck. I've adopted it and have used it in various names since.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    When the Internet first started, I worked as a third shift supervisor in an electronics plant, which lead to some 'busy nights' for me. And my real last name means "shining knight" in Arabic - I've tracked the family name back to the 1200s in England - so I'm thinking it was probably a left over situation from the crusades or some such thing, originating the family name. Thus, "BusyKnight" and since the early days of the DARPA Internet only allowed eight bits, it got shortened to 'busykngt' for use on the earliest DOS bulletin boards.

Top Bottom