• ...and so much more!
  • SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Screen name I choose to join another forum about prepping around the time Fukushima happened. That event, specifically how civil people were to each other in Japan, caused me to reassess that I lived right next to the fairly easy to cross U.S.-Mexico border and if S really were to HTF, our family (me, wife, two daughters) was woefully unprepared to take care of each other.

619 was the area code of San Diego where we lived. I was determined to be a survivor and pass any skills I learned to my kids; now have 1 grandson I'm sharing them with. God willing, 619 has been a thing of the past since 2015!

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I have upwards of 20. About half I made myself. I have been know to give away rod and reel combos to kids that could not afford one. Probably 30-40. I would buy and try them, not like them for whatever reason, and let some struggling kid borrow it on the lake shore. And let them keep it. Give them lures as well. With parents consent. Never without it.
    The local VA hospital has a park and a lake they stock for resident patients. They let me fish when I took my son for appointments. As a thank you, I gathered about 20 combos, fixed them up and put new line on them. Then donated them and 4 walmart bags of lures and tackle to the hospital recreations dept at the domiciliary.
    By the way. The lake behind the Temple VA hospital has some nice catfish and bass in it. As well as a large perch population. Good sized ones too.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I thought I was doin ok with giving away fishing gear (and firearms), but you impress the hek out of me!!!

I was a rodbuilder too. Had two rods I particularly loved that I made... one for summer steelhead and the other for winter steelhead. Both nice graphite blanks, long cork handles, one with a myrtlewood cap on the bottom that I turned on a lathe myself, nice gold eyes, colored wraps, a fancy weave near the rod base, and autographed with my name in gold ink. Since I no longer fish for anadromous species, I gave them to my kids. Along with the expensive level wind reels.

A few years back, I was speaking with a gunsmith friend of mine, admiring his boat, and chitchating about bass fishing methods on the Brownlee impoundment of the Snake River. He mentioned he had befriended an older gent that was down on his luck and got to taking this gent fishing with him in the boat. Gent was very interested in fishing plastics but couldn't really afford to get started. A few days later, I delivered 3 specialized rod/reel combos, a selection of plastic worms, grubs, and tubes in plastic boxes. I felt great that day!!!

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Screen name I choose to join another forum about prepping around the time Fukushima happened. That event, specifically how civil people were to each other in Japan, caused me to reassess that I lived right next to the fairly easy to cross U.S.-Mexico border and if S really were to HTF, our family (me, wife, two daughters) was woefully unprepared to take care of each other.

619 was the area code of San Diego where we lived. I was determined to be a survivor and pass any skills I learned to my kids; now have 1 grandson I'm sharing them with. God willing, 619 has been a thing of the past since 2015!

Oh man, I moved here from Harbison Canyon CA in 1980.... your recall of the 619 area code blows me away! Makes me remember shooting 22s and clays in the hills. And flying missions as a USCG Search and Rescue Aircrewman in H3F Pelican helos above the beautiful waters of the Pacific Ocean.

Texas_Lone_Ranger

Frontier Battalion
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    Up Yonder'

760 originally.

Top Bottom