Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You are not going to break in that amp with shit quality MP3's are you?
    I can break it in with anything. I'll fire up my DSD copy of the Schubert String Quartet No. 14 in D minor D. 810, Death and the Maiden: III. Scherzo. Allegro molto. by the Oslo String Quartet later when I want to start making critical judgements about the sound quality.

For now, I'll settle for some throwaway pop and some reminders of my youth. BTW, even my throwaway pop is all in high-res files. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...I never put together a playlist on I tunes ....
    I don't use Itunes at all. To me, a playlist is just whatever I chose from the directories on my computer and dragged over to the player this time. I hardly ever bother to even save those lists. The poking around and finding things I'd forgotten about is much of the fun.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ... just put it on random.
    Mercy, no. If I pointed my player at my music directories and told it to recursively traverse them and play anything at random, I'd go nuts. There are times I'm just not in the mood for industrial ambient noise.

Besides, I just did a quick disk search. I have 23,677 high resolution digital audio files on my computer. If I added in the MP3s and music videos, that number would quadruple, at least. "Put it on random" just isn't a viable option for me.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    To lazy to type them out.

nyqy6eba.jpg

ane4edab.jpg

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I keep the sound on the computer "off" but I have a radio with Classical music running right now. My normal menu is old R&R, bluegrass and classical. There's even some Gospel music. I have lots of Mahalia Jackson music and Blues all the way back to Bessie Smith.

Crosby Stills, Nash & Young, Janis Joplin, Hendrix, Fleetwood Mac.

Toss in some Alicia Keys, Allison Krause, Nora Jones and Scott Joplin.....Ragtime! It all works for me!

Sorry, but most country music is off limits. If they lean towards Bluegrass, then I like it.

Flash

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Mercy, no. If I pointed my player at my music directories and told it to recursively traverse them and play anything at random, I'd go nuts. There are times I'm just not in the mood for industrial ambient noise.

Besides, I just did a quick disk search. I have 23,677 high resolution digital audio files on my computer. If I added in the MP3s and music videos, that number would quadruple, at least. "Put it on random" just isn't a viable option for me.

I was going to say the same thing. I don't have 23,000, but I have such a variety in genres that the random function would be drive me nuts as well.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central

That's why they have an option to skip songs. Then again I don't use a computer or have many mp3s. To many good music apps and radio stations on my phone. Pick the type of music I want to hear and play it. Keeps me up to date on new artists and songs that I may not have heard before. If I don't like something just one button to get to the next song.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don't have music files but I do have 1500 CD's.
    Part of the reason I'm working to build my computer audio stash is because of the problems with storing physical media. I have almost no family and will someday have none. Eventually, I know that I'll be living in a very small space. I dearly love the (almost) 30,000 LPs I have in my den but I'm also determined that they will not move with me to my next (and probably last) living quarters.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ... I don't use a computer or have many mp3s. To many good music apps and radio stations on my phone. ...
    I envy you. I got bit by the "high end" bug a long time ago so I find streaming services more irritating than useful. I have MP3s only by accident and my consciously acquired music files are nearly all in FLAC, OGG, or DSD formats. Physically, I have LPs, SACDs, DVD-As, and a large collection of original reel-to-reel tapes. I wish I could go back but once a certain line has been crossed, it just ain't possible.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I bought CD's and was obsessed by collecting them. It was like gathering things that I love and living amongst them. Finally, the bulk of the collection stopped me. It was either stop buying them or move to another house!

I have no family, I'm in my final home and wrote a will giving everything to two friends. Now, I can have fun and not worry about anything. It's all decided and taken care of. My little dog, Jake is provided for, too. All I gotta do now is keep breathing and play.

Flash

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The playlist for this morning:

Awolnation - Sail
    4 Non Blondes - What's Up
    AC/DC - Hells Bells
    Ace Of Base - All That She Wants
    Alanis Morissette - Wake Up
    Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
    Aqua - Roses Are Red
    Blue Oyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper
    Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out For A Hero (Club Mix)
    Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy
    Britney Spears - Piece Of Me
    Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
    James Taylor - Fire And Rain
    Nightwish - Over The Hills And Far Away
    B.W. Stevenson - My Maria
    Selena Gomez - Tell Me Something I Don't Know
    Wolfram Spyra & Chris Lang - Neunundfunfzig 49
    Band Of Oz - Smoke From A Distant Fire
    Fire Inc. - Tonight is What it Means to Be Young.flac
    She & Him - I've Got Your Number, Son
    Oingo Boingo - Dead Man's Party

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    In no particular order: Joe Bonamassa, Rush, Molly Hatchet, .38 Special, Tragically Hip, David Bowie, Rolling stones, Procol Harum, Sly and the Family Stone, The Cult, Blue Oyster Cult, The Doors, Led Zepellin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Shooter Jennings, The B52s, Ozzie Osbourne and Black Sabbath, The Heavy, Crash Test Dummies, Deep Purple (early), The Kinks, The Who..............

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    The playlist for this morning:

Awolnation - Sail
    4 Non Blondes - What's Up
    AC/DC - Hells Bells
    Ace Of Base - All That She Wants
    Alanis Morissette - Wake Up
    Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
    Aqua - Roses Are Red
    Blue Oyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper
    Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out For A Hero (Club Mix)
    Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy
    Britney Spears - Piece Of Me
    Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
    James Taylor - Fire And Rain
    Nightwish - Over The Hills And Far Away
    B.W. Stevenson - My Maria
    Selena Gomez - Tell Me Something I Don't Know
    Wolfram Spyra & Chris Lang - Neunundfunfzig 49
    Band Of Oz - Smoke From A Distant Fire
    Fire Inc. - Tonight is What it Means to Be Young.flac
    She & Him - I've Got Your Number, Son
    Oingo Boingo - Dead Man's Party
    What! No Flock of Seagulls or Men without Hats? ;>)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom