Whats the weirdest food you have ever eaten?

iratollah

May 25, 2008
Korea travelers win. We ate the live octopus tentacles and live sea urchin. Think of Kirk Douglas in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea doing battle with the giant squid, this was the meal that fought back. Two bottles of Soju helped. Wrap the moving tentacle in lettuce with mint leaf and chili pepper and chew fast. I've never laughed so much during a meal in my life. The live sea urchin was much tastier than the Uni that is served in sushi restaurants stateside.

Why do Koreans eat such unusual foodstuff? Situated between Japan and China, Korea was the route that the warring armies took for centuries. Hosting invading armies for centuries, the Koreans learned to cope with chronic food shortages by eating what they could find. We did not try the boiled silkworm larvae while we were there.

Breakfast in Japan was interesting, one course was fish head soup with raw egg.

oldnbald

Mar 19, 2008
Abilene, Texas
What's the weirdest food you have ever eaten?

I spent two years in Japan, and like some of the others have mentioned, I have eaten things that most people either never heard of or didn't believe. I've had boiled octopus tentacles; dried, salted squid tentacles; raw fish; fried whale, and a variety of things I just didn't want to know about.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads