• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnsonfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    new braunfels
    I would love less gunshows in each city as it seems pasadena and austin and san antonio and fortworth have a gunshow every other week kinda of waters it down abit not to mention no weekends off and tons of paperwork as we do 2-3 different shows a weekend.To much inventory counting
    DK Firearms

johnsonfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    new braunfels
    It is true that on the texas oklahoma weekend they got the show short notice they should of given you a raincheck pass to the show last weekend I was a vendor their last weekend and the place was full.They still need a big gun vendor.Its cool going to austin me and my little boy went to longhorns game vs kansas was real cool.

TxnByBrth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Georgetown
    Read this week where the City of Georgetown rejected an offer on the old Albertson store that was $800K less than they sought...so...maybe an offer would be timely by Todd and Saxet...even on a short term run, something is better than nothing.

alostarrow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Austin
    Gun Show, private sale

My son is with the 4th BCT 101st Airborne Ft Campbell, Ky. So we all know where he's headed in Jan. He carries the SAW for his squad. Army doesn't issue sidearms any longer for SF. I got him a Beretta PX4 in .40 S&W and brought it to him over Thanksgiving. The Army also will not allow him to carry a non GI sidearm. I know, I'm a Vet and should of checked, ok. Now I need to find a gunshow to sell this pistol that is unfired and completely legal, NIB. I'm a 1911 shooter myself or I would keep it. I need to sell it & get him a "Toughbook" to take with him. Weird, our SF can carry a damn notebook into combat but not a PISTOL....don't get me started.
    Anyone know the closest (location & date) gunshow to Austin?
    I'm new to this forum thing so bear with me.

TXCleaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Austin
    Read this week where the City of Georgetown rejected an offer on the old Albertson store that was $800K less than they sought...so...maybe an offer would be timely by Todd and Saxet...even on a short term run, something is better than nothing.
    Where'd you read that? Pretty interesting...I'd love to see some shows there!!

I went up to the show in Belton a few weeks ago. It was OK...nothing great, but there were some good deals to be had. There were some pretty bad deals too though.

I managed to sell a Kahr at the show, but now I'm kicking myself now that I stumbled on the classifieds here!

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Because I live in Round Rock, bet on UT it will never happen-

I feel like I have control of the rain, UT point spreads and where gunshows are-

Ergo, it never works out for me

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    My son is with the 4th BCT 101st Airborne Ft Campbell, Ky. So we all know where he's headed in Jan. He carries the SAW for his squad. Army doesn't issue sidearms any longer for SF. I got him a Beretta PX4 in .40 S&W and brought it to him over Thanksgiving. The Army also will not allow him to carry a non GI sidearm. I know, I'm a Vet and should of checked, ok. Now I need to find a gunshow to sell this pistol that is unfired and completely legal, NIB. I'm a 1911 shooter myself or I would keep it. I need to sell it & get him a "Toughbook" to take with him. Weird, our SF can carry a damn notebook into combat but not a PISTOL....don't get me started.
    Anyone know the closest (location & date) gunshow to Austin?
    I'm new to this forum thing so bear with me.

The 101st isn't SF (Special Forces).

I know for a fact that the Special Forces (SF) is issued the M9, but has the option of personal carry, but I believe it has to be approved (not sure of that). Their loadouts are MUCH more open because they are under USASOC / SOCOM command rather than the traditional Army command.

My info is from a long standing SFC that served in the 7th and 10th Groups for the past 20 - 25 years.

PrayingForWar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    marble falls
    The 101st isn't SF (Special Forces).

I know for a fact that the Special Forces (SF) is issued the M9, but has the option of personal carry, but I believe it has to be approved (not sure of that). Their loadouts are MUCH more open because they are under USASOC / SOCOM command rather than the traditional Army command.

My info is from a long standing SFC that served in the 7th and 10th Groups for the past 20 - 25 years.

I'm pretty sure you're right. Even the operators I helped out who carried things like 1911's and HK USP's didn't have personal weapons. These were all gov't/unit property. As far as I'm aware, NO ONE brings personally owned weapons into theater, or uses them for any sort of official purpose. This includes 300's who walk generals, secret service, FBI or any other federal agents. There are enormous liability issues (which I think are BS) when you introduce non-gov't issued weapons into any situation.

That said, I think everyone who graduates basic training should be issued a weapon of their choice from a small list, and keep it after they ETS.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Well I can spot you easily.. I remember one time I was walking and looking, and some guy almost cut my head off with his rifle barrel sticking out..Yes I will be there with my uncle right as it opens, has anyone gone to this show? i havent been to a show since saxet left.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Well I can spot you easily.. I remember one time I was walking and looking, and some guy almost cut my head off with his rifle barrel sticking out..Yes I will be there with my uncle right as it opens, has anyone gone to this show? i havent been to a show since saxet left.

I have been to one since Saxet, I can tell you it is not as good. Still worth the visit. Hopefully they will have more vendors at this one...

alfair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    NW Austin
    Someone please post a report. Since there hasn't been a show I've been purchasing online. Prices have been really good and the FFL thing xfer has been seemless.

Still like to cruise around and check the toys and....eeehhmmm bizarre folks at the show.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Someone please post a report. Since there hasn't been a show I've been purchasing online. Prices have been really good and the FFL thing xfer has been seemless.

Still like to cruise around and check the toys and....eeehhmmm bizarre folks at the show.

Heading out in a few mins, I'll post back what I find...too bad I can't video inside, as you are correct, some very interesting individuals come out of the wood work...LOL

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Wonder where the SAXET show vendors go instead of coming to Austin as they used to? Most are pretty local folks that roam the circuit in central texas. Are these the same vendors,the same guys that are usually at south austin show?

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    It was an ok show, maybe half the building was used. I didnt buy anything, because I thought the prices were too high but, that was my choice. I will say one thing. There was a taurus 40 cal pistol there for $405. Over at academy it was $299. So thats where I went. Nothing really at the show that shot 223 that I could afford. If anyone saw me I was wearing my digital acus and a black NRA hat.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    The show from a buyers perspective stunk...On the other hand I sold a rifle, and a lower, so I was pleased with the outcome. Prices were stupid..Ammo, I mean, come on folks...Walmart is selling the white box .40 fmj 100 rds for $27...two vendors were almost $40 for the same thing...Really? Are people dumb enough to pay???
    It also felt like there were too many private individuals there with tables in the middle, which you would normally find larger dealers in these locations..Seemed like there were very few actual dealers there..
    I didn't see any deals, or even good buys...Though I almost picked up a couple of wood ammo crates from the guy in the front corner, just don't have room for them right now..

I may have to take a trip down to San Anton next year for a show to see if they are any better...or up to Dallas...I am not impressed with Austin's gun show...

alfair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    NW Austin
    Thanks for the report guys. Pretty much what I expected.
    Of all the ammo to jack up.... .40 cal? That is the only handgun caliber that is consistently in stock every where I look!

Maybe SAXET will find a new venue.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom