• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Sure I do - the car is in a locked and alarmed garage, which is attached to my house (there's a garage entry into the house). In addition to the G36 and the G23, I have a few other guns around the house. We have no kids living with us any longer, and if we do have any overnight visitors, all of the guns are secured.

Something wrong with leaving the gun in the car?

In that particular scenario, no there is not.....one of the people that live in my subdivision (who happens to be a Manger for Gander Mountain) left his gun in his truck parked in
    the driveway outside, the truck was stolen 3 weeks ago.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I guess I was just poking fun at you. I've decided that people do things. Sometimes not smart things. You and I both agree that keeping a gun in your car overnight, when you don't have to, is not the best of idea. It opens the door to theft when it can be easily avoided, but we are all adults here (well mostly). We have the freedom to do what we want (and suffer the consquences).

I find this thread in particular to be a bit of a chest thumping exercise to begin with. I don't really feel the need to tell the world what guns I have in my house and where they are located, but that is my own business. What others post is their business.

If someone asks for advice, i'll give my 2 cents. Sorry I poked fun at you.

No worries.....

TXMinuteman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    After reading this thread, I had to add my choice. Since I spend each work week in my travel trailer in an RV Park, I keep the Judge with 000# buckshot (since the .45 Long Colt might bother my neighbors) on the night stand, next to the bed is the Maverick 88 pistol grip with an 18 1/2" barrel loaded with 12-Gauage 00# buckshot. A couple days after Ike (I was back at work as part of the early response team), someone showed up one night in the park. One pump on the shotty in the dark of an empty park and you could here the feet shuffle off in the distance. Closest I've been to raising one of my firearms in self defense.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I don't really feel the need to tell the world what guns I have in my house and where they are located, but that is my own business. What others post is their business.

QUOTE]

+10

i keep a small go cart gassed up in the bedroom with mounted 4 gauge shotguns loaded with steel shot and flechettes

;)

TheTomcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Ummm my wife is my home defense weapon. I don't even wake her up on purpose if we are running late. I would hate to be the poor SOB that breaks into my house and wakes her up! She's WAYYYYY scarier than a shotgun racking.

Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    My dad's old police service Colt Diamondback .357 w/ hydrashoks... That's between the mattress and box springs, then, an old "shorty" youth model 870 pump 20 gauge right under the side of the bed I sleep on. It was one that had caught my eye for my little bitty short ex wife as a home defense gun. After I got rid of her I liked the feel of that youth model 870 so much that I decided to keep it. The 870 is fed hot handloads with BBB shot. Can't say for sure till it happens but I say that my knee-jerk reaction to a bump in the dark will be to grab for the 870 rather than the Colt.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Mossberg 88... The tube is loaded but the chamber is open and clear... I want them to shit their britches when they hear me cock it not once but twice... There's a stock sleeve loaded with 5 more jic... and there's also a box of shells sitting by the bedroom door... The hilarious thing about it is the 88 is my doorstop... buttstock on the ground resting in the door handle provides a nice assurance that to leave that room in the middle of the night I have to rest a hand on it... ahhh comfort...

Danton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Fort Worth
    On the nightstand - if the POE is the Master Bedroom - a Kimber Ultra with Gold Dot 230's. If I have to go look for the POE, Sig P226 9mm with a Sig Light/Laser loaded with DPX 115's (obviously rather hit a BG with a couple of .45's, instead of 9mm, but with 4 kids upstairs and potentially a 12+ yard shot, I'm much more confident in handling and shot placement with my 226). In the office, next to the bedroom, if things get really ugly: Mossberg 500 and M&P15.

big_bad_kitty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Denton, TX
    Kimber Ultra II Covert w/Crimson Trace Laser Grips. 230 grain jacketed hollow points! After 8 are spent, Remington 870 w/magazine extension so it holds 6, 1 in chamber and 5 in magazine loaded slug, 00 buck, slug, 00 buck, 00 buck and 00 buck.

Top Bottom