• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jktri101

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    East Texas
    1. For day time or well lit hours my FNH PS90, I don’t have a light mount for it yet, and it is pretty unnatural to operate a light and the PS90. Night time a Ruger P89, believe it or not, I have had fewer issues with that P89 then my G19, so that is what stays by the bed. I have several more stashed around the house, but those are my bedside guns.
    2. PS90 – the standard FNH HP round, I forget the name, but I wanna say it’s the 195. The P89 is stoked with some Federal HS.
    3. I really don’t know, I guess maybe SBR the PS90 and put a light on it, the only problem is over penetration. A short barrel shotgun or coach gun wouldn’t be too bad either.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    In the bedroom end table a S&W model 19 2 1/2" in .357 mag sits ready to protect my home. The ammo is made by Glaser so I won't blast through a wall and hurt my neighbor across the street. It shares the drawer with a Mag-lite flashlight, speed loader and a blackjack.

In the hallway on a set of hooks above the doorway arch is a Remington 870 Express magnum, 18 1/4", 12 gauge with folding stock. It is loaded with 12 gauge short magnums in 00 buck. There is a tape writer strip that says "LOADED" on the forearm. Hanging from the same hook is a set of S&W handcuffs and keys.

What would I rather have? Nothing. These are perfect. I like a wheel gun because it is super simple and if it goes "click" you just pull the trigger again.

I live in a rural area where the police make it to a crime scene in time to write a report. It is MY responsibility to protect my home.

Flash

JTP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Austin
    My current nightstand gun is a Glock 20SF with factory night sights, and a SureFire X300 mounted on the rail. It's loaded with DoubleTap 165gr Speer Gold Dots. I take that same gun on camping trips, loaded with DoubleTap 200gr XTPs.

My carry gun is a Glock 26 with factory night sights. It's loaded with Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P Short Barrel.

I have a Benelli M1S90 and an AR15, neither of which I'd use for home-defense purposes simply because they're both too long and unwieldy (the rooms in my house are not very large).

texas yankee

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Frisco, TX
    Mossberg 12 guage, loaded with #7 under my side of the bed - the houses are pretty close to each other here and I don't want 00 buckshot getting the guy next door. I have a tactical light on the gun, and I keep it under the bed in a piece of large diameter PVC pipe that's attached to the underside of the bed - the shotgun slides out very easily.

I have a fullsize 1911 45 ACP at my work desk, another full size 1911 in the living room, a Glock 23 with a laser on the night stand, and a Glock 36 (my concealed carry weapon) in my car.

If I could, I'd be living in a house in the country, with 100 yards of clear ground around my house, a big fence around my place with warning signs and motion sensors looking outside the fence, big dogs patrolling inside the fence, hardened doors and windows, and a few full-auto AK-47s positioned strategically around the house.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Either a Kimber in .45 or a Colt in .38 Super, also have 2 100lb + dogs whichis a defense all in their own. Only downfall is they don't really bark.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    mom, can I get some milk.

: P

I guess I missed the humor, he talks about all the the guns he has around his house, & also one in the car?
    I understand he says it is his EDC, but then there would be no reason to mention it being "in the car".

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I guess I missed the humor, he talks about all the the guns he has around his house, & also one in the car?
    I understand he says it is his EDC, but then there would be no reason to mention it being "in the car".

I guess I was just poking fun at you. I've decided that people do things. Sometimes not smart things. You and I both agree that keeping a gun in your car overnight, when you don't have to, is not the best of idea. It opens the door to theft when it can be easily avoided, but we are all adults here (well mostly). We have the freedom to do what we want (and suffer the consquences).

I find this thread in particular to be a bit of a chest thumping exercise to begin with. I don't really feel the need to tell the world what guns I have in my house and where they are located, but that is my own business. What others post is their business.

If someone asks for advice, i'll give my 2 cents. Sorry I poked fun at you.

texas yankee

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Frisco, TX
    You don't LEAVE the gun in your car at night, do you???

Sure I do - the car is in a locked and alarmed garage, which is attached to my house (there's a garage entry into the house). In addition to the G36 and the G23, I have a few other guns around the house. We have no kids living with us any longer, and if we do have any overnight visitors, all of the guns are secured.

Something wrong with leaving the gun in the car?

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    My home defense gun is an 18th century Spanish warship cannon packed with grapeshot.

No it ain't... it's a Glock 30 with .45 hollow points in it, though I plan on upgrading to a Mossberg 590A1 when I find a good enough deal on one. :) That way I won't have to worry so much about my shots penetrating a wall and striking an innocent neighbor.

Top Bottom