• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Plain ol lubriplate. Stays where you put it, very thin coat. AR (carrier only) and auto pistol.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Sorry, it sounds too much like someone that does not actually shoot weapons, cross contaminating it with another item that they have no experience with. Say what you will but I have great amount of experience using "Frog Lube" and it is still my preferred cleaning/lubrication solution. The nearly dry lubricity does not attract any abrasive substances.

I know everyone has their own favorite. In the last decade none of my weapons were unable to function when required or had any measurable corrosion. I have tried several lubricants and Remoil has also worked well but still seems to attract dust and other undesirable storage issues.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Sorry, it sounds too much like someone that does not actually shoot weapons, cross contaminating it with another item that they have no experience with. Say what you will but I have great amount of experience using "Frog Lube" and it is still my preferred cleaning/lubrication solution. The nearly dry lubricity does not attract any abrasive substances.

I know everyone has their own favorite. In the last decade none of my weapons were unable to function when required or had any measurable corrosion. I have tried several lubricants and Remoil has also worked well but still seems to attract dust and other undesirable storage issues.

Frog lube sucks. It solidifies in anything below room temperature, and lets be real. If a firearms lubricant needs another step beyond "apply", it's either bullshit, or snake oil.

The only firearms that i have ever seen that are malfunctioning due to being lubed, had been lubed with FL. Amazingly, after removing that stuff and using literally anything else, the guns work.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Frog lube is not for guns it's for.........

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ghostrider45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    Central Texas
    Do any of you use wheel bearing grease on your AR15? I have seen a video of a trainer that uses it. He really likes it. A tub goes a very long way. On handguns too. I you do, is any brand or type preferred? Thanks.
    No.
    FP-10 only

RHT447

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2016
    No.
    FP-10 only

No doubt FP-10 is good stuff. My bore cleaner for decades has been Shooter's Choice. Per your link, Midway says that FP-10 costs S2.50/oz. A quart of Mobil 1 works out to about 32 cents/oz. Yeah, I'm a cheap bastid. I should also mention that I shot NRA Highpower Rife for decades. I used a LOT of cleaner and lube. At my age, anything I buy now is likely a lifetime supply, and maybe a little nostalgia.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have used a very thin coat of Marine wheel bearing grease on slides and also on the BCG slide area. Rarely do that anymore, but it worked find.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman

Frog lube is coconut oil. Remoil is mineral oil.

I would never use bearing grease on a gun. I do however use any of several other gun greases mentioned in this thread. Uncle Sam used grease on all their firearms for decades. CLP was and is a poor choice for a lube. The temperature at which almost all CLP products burn off is way too low.

Laufer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Lakeland/Memphis TN
    Some very thin bits of Mobile One grease in the receivers and Tiny spots on the curving angles of the PTR's (HK) locking device.

Ballistol on other areas. Imbel FAL, Aussie L1A1 FAL, PTR-91, M1A Standard by S.A., Czech VZ-58.

I never roll around in the dust playing "Drop and roll- at the right time after the X-Files' helicopter lands here":eek:, and only shoot at a private club.

No ATV here , no bicycle carry at all, no 'wannabe SEAL' maneuvers, and no feral pigs or a place to hunt them.....:(

Top Bottom