• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Feb 1, 2009
    Revolvers offer some things that the plastic fantastic's can't One is the ability to change out grips just cause you feel like it. Imagine how you would feel after hours of melting your grip area only to decide you don't like it. The Smith in front is sporting new Pachmayr Renegade wood laminate grips. Nothing feels as good as wood. (no pun here, move on.) I understand some like the other brands that tell you where to hold your gun by printing "grip zone" into the plastic. Revolver guys don't need reminders. $32 on ebay or amazon or hundreds of places. Some others remind you not to pull the trigger unless your shooting at something. Revolver guys just kind of know these things, having handled guns since stone age. Or for ones like me whose hands are so numb that operating a slide is tough. Revolvers live on.
    Js.jpg
    Military Camp

TTplinker

Jan 8, 2017
    ATX
    I think revolvers are more than just living on... I think they are growing in popularity. It might be millennials think they are cool in a retro sort of way. Maybe a few have figured out that revolver calibers are better defensively. And just maybe one or two have figured out that a double action trigger pull is safer than striker fired and a external safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I carry my S&W 640 every day with the Barami Hip Grips just above my right rear pocket. I'ts comfy (since I don't have an ass anymore) and only about of two inches of the grip sticks up above my belt line. It's loaded with Winchester Silver Tips and would probably stop a bear.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I think revolvers are more than just living on... I think they are growing in popularity. It might be millennials think they are cool in a retro sort of way. Maybe a few have figured out that revolver calibers are better defensively. And just maybe one or two have figured out that a double action trigger pull is safer than striker fired and a external safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one comment has changed my entire paradigm. Thank you so much!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I really like a nice double action revolver. My GP100 is a permanent fixture in my collection.

Single actions are nice too. They are great at keeping the wind from blowing papers around, holding a door open, or for when you lose your jack handle.

Those black powder revolvers are the best though. Nothing like spending all day at the range and only firing 12 shots.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Im with yall. I frequently carry a Ruger LCR and an SP101 in the winter. I also have a GP100 Match Champion that I love. Trying to find the stock wood Ruger grip to go back on it though.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I really like a nice double action revolver. My GP100 is a permanent fixture in my collection.

Single actions are nice too. They are great at keeping the wind from blowing papers around, holding a door open, or for when you lose your jack handle.

Those black powder revolvers are the best though. Nothing like spending all day at the range and only firing 12 shots.

I'm feeling targeted here.

LOL - I fully intend on taking one of my BP revolvers to the range Saturday.

Nightwatch

Jan 9, 2014
    Raised on revolvers-taught myself to shoot with a High Standard Sentinel Deluxe. A brick a weekend till I got good with it...500 rounds for about $7...or $5.50 if shooting shorts. Taught my 3 sons revolvers first, and only DAO with snubs...they won't tell you they can't shoot a snub. They have both, and old Dad has lost one SP101 to the needs of two of them...down to my 3" GP now. My semiautos are all first shot double-action. The feel of that trigger staging is like going home. If I only had one gun, it'd have to be a revolver. Let 'em laugh-they don't know what they're missin'!

My bucket list has one gun on it-a 2" Smith Model 64...

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

Did you fall on your head when getting off the short bus this morning?

Top Bottom