• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    Ok, changed the battery, now on 6 (the highest setting) is too bright in a well lit room. The more I mess with this scope the more I like it. The fact that I can use it both eyes open is just awesome, then ley it out for the long shots. This weekend I'll try some long shots if I don't get rained out.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Id been waiting for this scope to get released but since i can get 35% off vortex scopes and 50% off bushnell im debating getting one of those instead even though i really like PA and this reticle.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Id been waiting for this scope to get released but since i can get 35% off vortex scopes and 50% off bushnell im debating getting one of those instead even though i really like PA and this reticle.
    With 50% off Bushnell there should be no choice. Go pick up a Elite Tactical and have fun. The glass is much better than the Vortex stuff without going to tge Razor series.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    With 50% off Bushnell there should be no choice. Go pick up a Elite Tactical and have fun. The glass is much better than the Vortex stuff without going to tge Razor series.
    Ive been looking at those elite tactical for sure. I love my tactical turrets and will never go back.

Delta4-3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2014
    Arkansas
    I prefer dialing most of the time, but there are times when holdovers are more efficient. If you don't train though, neither will do you much good unless you are shooting something that is stationary for log periods of time.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I prefer dialing most of the time, but there are times when holdovers are more efficient. If you don't train though, neither will do you much good unless you are shooting something that is stationary for log periods of time.
    I prefer to dial as well, but i also know i cant dial that fast for quick moving targets so thats when i usually resort to holdovers. It just seems like a really good reticle design though.

Delta4-3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2014
    Arkansas
    I prefer to dial as well, but i also know i cant dial that fast for quick moving targets so thats when i usually resort to holdovers. It just seems like a really good reticle design though.

Can't argue with that! That is what I have found. 350 yards and in, especially moving, I'll use holds. There are other situations as well, but it is one of those things where I know what that situation is as it unfolds in front of me. Another time I use holds is when shooting with a clip on NVD at night. Depending on the scope, it can be a safer bet, just so you don't risk loosing zero.

Delta4-3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2014
    Arkansas
    Unless you are shooting with a ton of drop 350 really isnt that big of a deal.

Correct, but with targets that don't want to be shot, often times there are very small portions of said target that are not behind cover. So, even at 350, with a 7.62 loaded with M118-LR out of an M24, you have 24" of drop from your 100 yard zero to 350 yards, which is more than enough to differentiate between a clean miss, and a good hit.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Correct, but with targets that don't want to be shot, often times there are very small portions of said target that are not behind cover. So, even at 350, with a 7.62 loaded with M118-LR out of an M24, you have 24" of drop from your 100 yard zero to 350 yards, which is more than enough to differentiate between a clean miss, and a good hit.
    That would be correct yet unless you are exact distances your drop reticle is calculated for you can have the same results. The same is for shooting at different elevation as well. The bdc reticle is only accurate at exact situations.

Delta4-3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2014
    Arkansas
    That would be correct yet unless you are exact distances your drop reticle is calculated for you can have the same results. The same is for shooting at different elevation as well. The bdc reticle is only accurate at exact situations.

Yessir, I'll agree with that. I prefer (not saying it's the "right" way of doing it) to train with Mil dots, and know my hold, or at least have dope on it, than a ballistic reticle for that very reason. In all fairness, there are shooters/snipers/marksmen, whatever, that are far more accomplished than myself that would disagree, no doubt. I'm kind of a stubborn guy, in that I tend to stick with the way that I was first successful with, or first trained with. That can easily be considered a down fall with all the new products and techniques that are continuously advancing.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Yessir, I'll agree with that. I prefer (not saying it's the "right" way of doing it) to train with Mil dots, and know my hold, or at least have dope on it, than a ballistic reticle for that very reason. In all fairness, there are shooters/snipers/marksmen, whatever, that are far more accomplished than myself that would disagree, no doubt. I'm kind of a stubborn guy, in that I tend to stick with the way that I was first successful with, or first trained with. That can easily be considered a down fall with all the new products and techniques that are continuously advancing.
    I'm the same way. The bdc reticle can be just a hair faster kinda like a custom turret provided you shoot in exact conditions as zero. I much rather prefer to dial elevation and hold wind. Either way you will need to range the target then either count subtensions or dial. Dialing takes much less time these days with high speed turrets and what not.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Update is if you wanted one you missed your chance to buy one. Good news is that those that did buy one during the first batch most love them and ive only seen a handful come up for sale after. Not everyone can get used to the reticle. Better news is another batch is due soon.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I prefer to dial as well...
    I hate fiddly turrets; just can't warm up to using them plus they stick out too much. I agree that reticles for a specific cartridge are pretty useless, tho. I ignore the numbers and guesstimate the drop based on the rifle and cartridge performance.

Got the first gen, I freaking love it. I am surprised AIM Surplus still has them : KLiK
    Apparently Primary Arm's 1-4x scope is the same as the Millet DMS... I have the Millet and am not impressed. How does the 1-6x compare to their 1-4?

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    I shot it again today. I could barely see the lighted reticle on the 6 (highest) setting. I was outside, thought maybe it needed a new battery so I changed it, but same result.the glass seems very clear and easy to aim at 200 yards, but I am concerned about the lighted reticle not working, think I am going to email them.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If it's bright outside, why not just leave the illumination off? It should be a crisp black in bright sunlight with no illumination. Illuminated reticles help the most when light is dim.

Top Bottom