Venture Surplus ad

When will ammo prices return to normal????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Normal? What do you mean by that? 2016 era was not normal, that was a market glut brought about by two terms of zero, everyone expecting clinton to win, and Trump winning.

The days of $13/box 9mm is not going to happen.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Not unexpected. Cost of doing business can only increase so much before it has to get passed on.

Other industries have seen 5+% price increases month over month every month this year.
    With COVID I added a $25 PPE fee to every surgery except dental implants. So, for our routine $300 extraction that is an 8.3% increase. For $1000 wisdom teeth it's only a 2.5% increase. $25 covers our new costs.

I'm resisting a global percentage-based fee hike.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    At least our European and Eastern pals are keeping prices in check. Between IMI, GGG, PMC, S&B, fiocchi and several others we are finally seeing some imports level the field.

IIRC I predicted 60 cpr for 223 and 50 cpr 9mm back in an older thread circa 2020. Those are almost spot on right now but I think prices will continue to fall down to within 20% of pre-pandemic prices but probably no lower. I bet they get there in 6 months or so.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Material cost up, shipping up, labor up, inflation up, and throw in greed and here we are. As supply increases prices will fall a bit but not much.

Like others stated, get it while you can. I wouldn't expect those in charge to help the situation.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    First you build
    IDIOCRACY-time-masheen01.png

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    We have been through this more than once. Has it ever come back to "normal" Welcome to "normal" Ammo producers are a business, the goal is to make money. Any excuse to raise prices and profits are a good thing for them.

Top Bottom