Venture Surplus ad

When you carry do you keep a round chambered?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Always. Of course, not having one in the pipe isn't as much of a problem with a revolver. :p

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    When on my person or dropped into the safe at night-yes.
    All others however are unloaded (the ones not in safes) or loaded but not cocked (in safes).

Edit: If you are uncertain, do what I did. carry your CC piece cocked but unloaded for a week. Every night (SAFELY!!!!) point it away and see if the pistol dry fired on you during the day. This will also build confidence in your arm/disarm procedures.

Do this for a week or two and you should be comfortable. If you still aren't then: 1) get a pistol with a safety you are comfortable with; or 2) Israeli carry. I am not a fan of IC, but its better to have that than nothing.

ALSO, if you are new to this you need to get a good holster and A TRUE CC ORIENTED GUN BELT. It will make a world of difference in comfort level and you will like, actually carry and not leave at home.
    This is good info, especially about the holster and gun belt. My CC got way more comfortable when I broke down and ordered a proper belt from The Belt Man. Now, I have 2, 1 black, 1 brown, so I can wear one with just about any attire, short of a tux.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

Tacticalmurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2016
    Beretta px4 storm on a regular basis and when school starts I will use a ruger lcp. Both with a round in the chamber.

Tacticalmurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2016
    Compact. I use that as my edc. I don't really care about printing. From what I observed as I carry is that no one either cares or notice when I carry this gun. I chose the lcp for school carry because I want that gun to disapear. I do not want to print in school.

Tacticalmurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2016
    Compact. I use that as my edc. I don't really care about printing. From what I observed as I carry is that no one either cares or notice when I carry this gun. I chose the lcp for school carry because I want that gun to disapear. I do not want to print in school.
    7d853c9bd06ea6bfcb60034cf271f7db.jpg

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    What carry autos have no safety?
    I think he means a thumb safety like a 1911.

I still can't figure out how people think Glocks have no safety, when there are, in fact, 3.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I carry a knife, but keep the blade in another pocket with a protective sheath.

I carry a flashlight, but keep the batteries out, don't want it turning on in my pocket.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I carry only guns that are reasonably safe to carry on a loaded chamber and that's how I carry. 1911's are my favorites but I refuse to carry "cocked & locked." That's my choice.

I carry Glocks, S&W Sigma .40, 9mm and J Frame revolvers. That's my choice and there's no need to fuss over it.

Flash

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    What carry autos have no safety?

Might be opening a can of worms, but to me a safety is something that keeps the gun from going boom when you pull the trigger. I always viewed the trigger safety, for example a Glock, was a way to pacify lawyers. My LC9sPro doesn't even attempt to do that. The only safety on it is the one that resides between my ears.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Might be opening a can of worms, but to me a safety is something that keeps the gun from going boom when you pull the trigger. I always viewed the trigger safety, for example a Glock, was a way to pacify lawyers. My LC9sPro doesn't even attempt to do that. The only safety on it is the one that resides between my ears.

I agree with you, but................ I view a safety that not only keeps the gun from going off when you pull the trigger, but also keeps the gun from firing when dropped, or it malfunctions, etc.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    TXI hostile? lol! You must not know him.....

Anyone who doesn't carry chambered has their right to do so. I wouldn't even consider it. But I don't have lightening quick ninja skills or the think bad guy will stop his attack and wait for me to chamber one.....

Their gun, their reasons......good enough for me...

jmho....

Top Bottom