Military Camp

where can i get 100% gasoline (non-ethanol)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • h8ns8n

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Flower Mound
    i can't find ethanol free gas anywhere in the Lewisville area and was told it isn't available in Texas. please tell me this isn't true.
    DK Firearms

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    It's few and far between. I was looking myself a while back and came across a website that listed supposed stations. I'll see if I can find it again, but basically, no where near a major city.

Sent from my RobCo Pip-Boy 3000.

h8ns8n

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Flower Mound
    lol...why do you want 100% petrol distillate????

Is there a reason the Texas everclear mix isn't working for you?

because i get better MPG's with the non ethanol stuff and my Post Toasties are to expensive since the ethanol blend became forced on us! I am surprised it isn't available here. it was easily available in Oklahoma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    because i get better MPG's with the non ethanol stuff and my Post Toasties are to expensive since the ethanol blend became forced on us! I am surprised it isn't available here. it was easily available in Oklahoma

See down here in the real world. People don't try and drink the gas when they find out there's alcohol in it. Oklahoma would kill itself trying to get drunk.

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    We would run 100 low lead from airplanes in our quads and bikes. But then again we got it free from the planes that had to be drained for maintenance

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Only place you'll find it will be boat docks. Supposedly they can legally dispense it for use in marine motors. Of course, it may be difficult to get your truck out of the water after you fill up. Otherwise, you're stuck with high-dollar race fuel.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas

Its terrible on older two stroke motors. If it sits for too long it will slowly dissolve the fuel lines, it will begin to separate and then clog filters, carb jets and fuel injectors. When I take my boat out I only fill up with the amount I estimate to use for the day plus I'll add (sea foam) fuel treatment to the tank. The longer that crap sits unused in a tank the worse it gets, I've had problems from it in both my boat and weed eater.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    can someone clue me in on why it isn't sold here?.......emissions? really? I thought Texas was smarter than that.
    E85 vs. Gasoline Comparison Test - Edmunds.com

It depends on the county. If you live in an emissions county. You have to buy the blend. So greater Houston, Austin San Antone, DFW metroplex. Outside of those counties you can purchase ethanol free fuel. But due to economies of scale most service stations don't offer it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Mixing in ethanol lowers the energy density. Pure ethanol vs pure gasoline, you get something like 60% of the energy for the same volume. 10% mix doesn't make a huge difference, but it does make a difference.

Top Bottom