Hurley's Gold

where can i get 100% gasoline (non-ethanol)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    We always bought fuel from a place called mandy's and now it is called AJ's Racing Fuel and it is still in business. Channelview, Tx... they sold 106 octane fuel. I can remember buying 104 from the pump at any gas station.
    ARJ Defense ad

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I'm tired of the farm subsides and the liberal epa! Bunch of crooks! This ethanol bs is bad. It ruined my 4 wheeler now I'm buying all new lines, carburetor etc. It's hard on lawn mowers too! Don't leave it in them either! Where's gov. Ron Paul when I need him?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm tired of the farm subsides and the liberal epa! Bunch of crooks! This ethanol bs is bad. It ruined my 4 wheeler now I'm buying all new lines, carburetor etc. It's hard on lawn mowers too! Don't leave it in them either! Where's gov. Ron Paul when I need him?

Yep, besides the lower energy density, and the fact that it takes more energy to make the stuff than you'll ever get back (the only thing ethanol's really good for is drinking, but that's a no go once it's mixed with gasoline), it's hygroscopic, and the water it pulls in makes it corrosive. Modern fuel systems are designed to handle a 10% concentration.

Fun trivia: because ethanol mixes with water and fuel doesn't, you can actually measure the amount in your fuel by using a fuel sample, exposing it to water (shake it up) and see how much less fuel you wind up with after mixing. The ethanol will basically "scrub" out of the fuel.

I've often wondered, but I'm not sure if you could get the ethanol out of your gasoline by using a similar method, and just pouring the fuel off the top when you're done.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Texaco in Cresson has a Sunoco pump and serves up several high octane, lead-free and leaded fuels.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    pure-gas used to be a pretty good site to search for non corn based fuel but is out of date. In my town there used to be a couple of Shell stations that were ethanol free till last January. Now its 10% and the highest octane is 91. Sucks ass in my Harley.

Last I heard, it was looking like we're all going to end up with a 15% blend mandated by EPA (pronounced "eepah" because it's funnier that way). Apparently when they wrote farm and "green energy" subsidies into the bailout bill, the dumbasses in DC thought it would be a good idea if, instead of requiring a percentage of volume of the gasoline delivered at the pumps be ethanol, that a certain VOLUME of ethanol be mixed into the gasoline supply. Of course, immediately after the bailout, the economy cooled even more, less gas was being used and the volume they wanted put into the supply (because a volume requirement gives farmers and "green" companies a guarantee) threatened to drive the percentage up.

I think we dodged it and EPA wound up issuing a waiver on the issue.

Top Bottom