Where do I get black wood?

fernys

Apr 21, 2008
Any ideas where to get some black wood?

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
[FONT=helvetica, verdana, arial]Gaboon, Southern Nigeria, Cameroon, and Zaire :D Gaboon Ebony is known to be the blackest wood on earth. Otherwise, diamondwood or any other good wood for grips, stained black.

The flash brings out colors you can't see in the wood. In person it looks black and with a very close look you can see subtle touches of deep cherry and blond colors in parts. Absolutly beautiful!!

2437069307_ea9af6cb39_o.png

[/FONT]

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
I Googled it and found a few sites and it wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. But of course, I don't know what the grain looks like and the size stock you'd need may be more.

fernys

Apr 21, 2008
Thanx guys ! Also what do u all recomend to make black wood or any wood shiny after sanding?

mac79912

Well-Known
BANNED!!!
Mar 4, 2008
I've got a great joke but cannot tell it as I do not want my wife to smack me upside the head..I found some nice grips at Esmerelda.com.

stockFD3S

Apr 19, 2008
Leon Valley, TX
I Googled it and found a few sites and it wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. But of course, I don't know what the grain looks like and the size stock you'd need may be more.
I'm surprised you actually found what you were looking for with "black wood" as a search term.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
Feb 29, 2008
DFW area.....Wylie.
Using those search words.......I'd be afraid of the results.

Don't do that one at work, folks might start looking at you funny.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members