• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I have an old Stevens Model 87 that is semi-auto but will allow you to lock the bolt for sub-sonic ammo. It's a pretty cool feature that I wish was found in modern rifles (it's from the 50s or some time like that...).

The bolt also remains open until you release the trigger, hence the nickname "click-clack." Paid $90 for it, and someone carved their initials in the stock. I love it, it's one of my favorite plinkers and amazingly accurate given the iron sights!

Cheers! M2
    Guns International

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    SK, Wolf MT and Extra, CCI SV, Eley and a plethora of others are subsonic and shoot just fine out of a semi auto.

Respectfully, be casreful when purchasing subsonic. I have 1,000 rounds of CCI subsonic that won't push the slide on my Buckmark. Man they are quiet though. I spit louder than they fire.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I've shot thousands, probably 15k or more, of the subsonic rounds Hoji lists (Sk, Wolf, and Eley) both suppressed and non suppressed, in semis and bolts, with zero issues. Only ammo I ever had issues cycling were ones designed to be quiet non suppressed- CCI quiet, Aguila Colibre and Super Colibre, and Aguilla Super Sniper 60gr.

ETA: The Gemtech 42 gr subsonic I use now is pretty awesome.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I've shot thousands, probably 15k or more, of the subsonic rounds Hoji lists (Sk, Wolf, and Eley) both suppressed and non suppressed, in semis and bolts, with zero issues. Only ammo I ever had issues cycling were ones designed to be quiet non suppressed- CCI quiet, Aguila Colibre and Super Colibre, and Aguilla Super Sniper 60gr.

ETA: The Gemtech 42 gr subsonic I use now is pretty awesome.

X2

I've been buying a few boxes of the Gemtech every time I see it. My 10/22 loves it.

hoothrewpoo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Dripping Springs
    Went to Walmart about 30 minutes ago. Picked up 3 sleeves of CCI MaxiMag (WMR) 40gr TMJ and 2 boxes of Federal Auto Match 325 (long rifle). That's all she'd let me have. First time I've seen WMR in that store. They had about 20 sleeves of WMR, and 8 boxes of the Federal Auto Match left.

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Went to Walmart about 30 minutes ago. Picked up 3 sleeves of CCI MaxiMag (WMR) 40gr TMJ and 2 boxes of Federal Auto Match 325 (long rifle). That's all she'd let me have. First time I've seen WMR in that store. They had about 20 sleeves of WMR, and 8 boxes of the Federal Auto Match left.
    "She", I assume, refers to Mrs. Hoothrewpoo?

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

I got some 22 mag ammo a couple weeks ago. First I have seen in a year. Bought all they had (four boxes of 50).

Top Bottom