• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Don't know what part of town you're in but go see Dave and Amy at Lone Star Defense and Arms. I'm sure they would treat you well.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I think he was asking if he could do a FTF deal inside a gun shop.

I suggest going back to Gander Mountain where you bought it, tell them about the problem and see if you can get a refund, assuming it is still unfired, of course. Barring that, ask them if you can do a FTF private sale inside their shop or if they will sell it for you on consignment.

As a gander employee I will tell you that they probably won't take it back and will not let you sell it to someone else in the store, but probably won't have a problem with you selling it in the parking lot by your car lol.

I also don't believe they do consignment. If you want to sell it back they will offer you 60% of its book value.
    I say they because I am not speaking on behalf of gander, just giving my input as to what will most likely happen

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Sorry about the super late reply guys. Just went to Carter's Country and got a quote for $350 and yea... that got a big no from me. Gander has a no return policy for handguns so thats a no go. I'm willing to take a small loss but not 800 dollars of it. So yea still have to figure out how much I can actually sell this for and when I'm qualified I'll post up an ad here. And thanks for the advise, still don't like the idea for the parking lot thing but I guess I'll have to deal with it.

Actually, you are qualified to post an ad. You were grandfathered in before the post count change by your sign up date. You may have to ask a mod to help get it posted though because of the forum settings.

I usually go to gunbroker to research gun values. Mine are always used so I take about ten percent off and go from there. That leaves me room for negotiation.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Actually, you are qualified to post an ad. You were grandfathered in before the post count change by your sign up date. You may have to ask a mod to help get it posted though because of the forum settings.

I usually go to gunbroker to research gun values. Mine are always used so I take about ten percent off and go from there. That leaves me room for negotiation.

Ha. Funny no one noticed that before.

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I see that consignment sale is suggested and while I have done that several times in the past. None of the gun stores in my area will do it anymore, even ones with very little inventory. My suggestion would be to hide it if you still live with your parents until you get a place of your own, if you are married get rid of it the best way you can!

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    TGT is a good place to find a buyer. I have never been stood up or lied to about a purchase. My preference is to meet at a shooting range, since examining a gun there will yield little oversight by others in the vicinty. GLWS.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    TGT is a good place to find a buyer. I have never been stood up or lied to about a purchase. My preference is to meet at a shooting range, since examining a gun there will yield little oversight by others in the vicinty. GLWS.
    +1

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I have had quite a few transactions from TGT members. Majority from before iTrader went down. All of them have been 100% except for one that changed his mind last minute while I was already heading towards the other side of town.

Top Bottom