• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Tell your family that California is due west.

Actually Brownsound says he's in Houston so he/she could tell them to head 1155 miles WWNW to the Yuma, AZ border crossing into California.

Brownsound, this is a direct "as the crow flies" route so you'll want to tell them to wear some food hiking boots and take along some sunscreen (not that weak ass spray on Bull Frog Bullshit), a couple of sack lunches and some bottled water.

If someone in the departing group knows how to use a compass give them these coordinates: latitude: 32° 42' North
    longitude: 114° 37' West

OR

You could just send them to an IHOP inside the Houston loop for lunch. Guaranteed they'll come back in a much more "guns for law abiding citizens" state than before they left.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Yes, you can sell it to a gun store but you will not realize anywhere near the market value of the gun.
    I think he was asking if he could do a FTF deal inside a gun shop.

I suggest going back to Gander Mountain where you bought it, tell them about the problem and see if you can get a refund, assuming it is still unfired, of course. Barring that, ask them if you can do a FTF private sale inside their shop or if they will sell it for you on consignment.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Yeah if the price is right, I'd buy it. Heck any of us probably would. No problem doing the transfer through an FFL either if that makes ya more comfy.

Spidey sense says to do a serial # check though.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I think he was asking if he could do a FTF deal inside a gun shop.

I suggest going back to Gander Mountain where you bought it, tell them about the problem and see if you can get a refund, assuming it is still unfired, of course. Barring that, ask them if you can do a FTF private sale inside their shop or if they will sell it for you on consignment.

This is probably the best advice in this thread for the OP's particular situation, lack of experience and over-all reservations due to the his/her lack of experience and situation.

Good luck

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Another option I don't think has been mentioned yet is to take it to a LGS that will put it up for sale on consignment.

It's out of the house, you get to set your price, the LGS staff deals with any customers for you.

Just a thought.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I would say that now that it has been 24 hours since OP with only one single OP reply and no further activity on his/her part that this thread is dead and all we're doing is providing info to the anti-machine.

And before you say "we haven't recommend he/she do anything unethical/illegal (outside of my initial joke post)"... Yeah, words are frequently twisted to fit the agenda.

If I'm right shame on you Brownsound for using the trusting nature of the good, law abiding citizens here. If I'm wrong, please accept my apology and continue on.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    backtothebridge.png
    L

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Maybe they got the information they asked for and just forgot to say thanks. Their family is anti gun after all. Manners don't run deep with those types.

brownsound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Houston
    Sorry about the super late reply guys. Just went to Carter's Country and got a quote for $350 and yea... that got a big no from me. Gander has a no return policy for handguns so thats a no go. I'm willing to take a small loss but not 800 dollars of it. So yea still have to figure out how much I can actually sell this for and when I'm qualified I'll post up an ad here. And thanks for the advise, still don't like the idea for the parking lot thing but I guess I'll have to deal with it.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Sorry about the super late reply guys. Just went to Carter's Country and got a quote for $350 and yea... that got a big no from me. Gander has a no return policy for handguns so thats a no go. I'm willing to take a small loss but not 800 dollars of it. So yea still have to figure out how much I can actually sell this for and when I'm qualified I'll post up an ad here. And thanks for the advise, still don't like the idea for the parking lot thing but I guess I'll have to deal with it.

See post #10

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/houston/60554-where-sell-guns.html#post1035436

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom