• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Ran many strings through the Caldwell unit today.
    No glitches, no errors. Samsung tablet synced flawlessly.

Sorry vmax.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Ran many strings through the Caldwell unit today.
    No glitches, no errors. Samsung tablet synced flawlessly.

Sorry vmax.

LOL just my luck I guess, when it comes to electronics, if there is one bad one out of a batch , that's the one I will get:green:

the software that groups the shots is pretty nice isn't it? I can't wait to get my new on it and use it.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    LOL just my luck I guess, when it comes to electronics, if there is one bad one out of a batch , that's the one I will get:green:

the software that groups the shots is pretty nice isn't it? I can't wait to get my new on it and use it.
    I love it. Like i said before the one downside is it doesnt record strings like a normal chrono without the phone attached. I hope to see a v2 with those features for when you want to see it out further. The app has seen two or three updates since ive had it and its nice and clean.

Also for those looking for an alternativr to a kestrel look up weatherhawk wm350. Its got good reviews on snipershide and theres also one for like $30. The wm350 is about $150 and does everything the kestrel 4500 does. Now if you find one used or have LEO/Mil credentials you can get the kestrels for a nice price. I believe the 4500nv bluetooth non AB was like 350-370. And ab version was $500 something. Just depends how you feel.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

Still learning the software but it is pretty straight forward. I just need more range time!

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Where are the Caldwells, every place I look they are back ordered ?
    Best/picker
    Weird. Are you looking for just the chrono itself or the kit? Midway had the single chrono backordered after its last sale but the kit was in stock. Also everyone is probably having holiday sales so that might put a hitch in things.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    UPDATE:

Here comes the shocker...wait for it.....wait for it......

The company responsible for the Chinese piece of crap Caldwell Ballistic Chronograph, Battenfield Technologies lied to me and dropped the ball. I called them a month ago when I found out the thing was bad and they confirmed they had a bad "batch" of them in from chiny town and within a week or two max, they would test a good one and send it out to me directly.

I gave them a month. Times up.:bomb: I called the place I bought it from, they were very good about it, are taking the bad one back and I bought a Shooting Chrony's F-1 this time. It has really good reviews, so we will see.

f%201.jpg

I liked all of the extras and gadgets like the phone app the Caldwell unit promised, but none of that means diddley doo if the freaking thing won't work to begin with.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I saw a kit on sale in the Midway flier for $109 I think. Couldn't remember the details.

Kinda wishing I had one that I could plug in to the laptop now, mainly because I've developed a bad habit of hitting "delete string" instead of "Review". :facepalm:

pobro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2015
    Link to Battenfeld's statement about chronographs with ERR2 and ERR3....

Ballistic Precision Chronograph |

Question: My Chronograph is displaying ERR2 and/or ERR3 errors after the chronograph has been turned on and in the standby mode, how can i fix this?
    Answer: We found that the supplier used an inferior quality electronic components and the light sensitivity of the chronograph has been altered on certian models. This will cause the chronograph to display the ERR2 and/or ERR3 errors after the chronograph has been turned on and in the standby mode. Depending on light conditions the error will become more and less prevalent.
    If your Chronograph is displaying this code when in standby mode please contact sales@btibrands.com for a replacement or call 877-509-9160.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    UPDATE:

Here comes the shocker...wait for it.....wait for it......

The company responsible for the Chinese piece of crap Caldwell Ballistic Chronograph, Battenfield Technologies lied to me and dropped the ball. I called them a month ago when I found out the thing was bad and they confirmed they had a bad "batch" of them in from chiny town and within a week or two max, they would test a good one and send it out to me directly.

I gave them a month. Times up.:bomb: I called the place I bought it from, they were very good about it, are taking the bad one back and I bought a Shooting Chrony's F-1 this time. It has really good reviews, so we will see.

f%201.jpg

I liked all of the extras and gadgets like the phone app the Caldwell unit promised, but none of that means diddley doo if the freaking thing won't work to begin with.
    I hear you. I feel youve stepped back in features and modularity but all that means squat when it dont work. Hopefully this next batch is all fixed. I personally hate the proprietary printer screens and cable setups.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Link to Battenfeld's statement about chronographs with ERR2 and ERR3....

Ballistic Precision Chronograph |

Question: My Chronograph is displaying ERR2 and/or ERR3 errors after the chronograph has been turned on and in the standby mode, how can i fix this?
    Answer: We found that the supplier used an inferior quality electronic components and the light sensitivity of the chronograph has been altered on certian models. This will cause the chronograph to display the ERR2 and/or ERR3 errors after the chronograph has been turned on and in the standby mode. Depending on light conditions the error will become more and less prevalent.
    If your Chronograph is displaying this code when in standby mode please contact sales@btibrands.com for a replacement or call 877-509-9160.

isn't it nice to hear how sorry they are?:popcorn:
    you could just feel the remorse in that statement.
    I paid for a chrony 5 weeks ago and still don't have a working one.

For customers who paid money only to get cheap crap that was not even tested
    it's their responsibility to do that
    But they sit back and blame a supplier instead
    They knew who they were dealing with and should not have trusted them

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member