Guns International

Which Is Your Favorite Online Ammo Dealer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I think I've bought the most ammo from Sportsman's Guide with PSA in second, but I don't have a favorite. I subscribe to the email newsletters for every company that's been mentioned so far. They all have decent deals. Also always compare ammoseek, gunbot, and gun.deals.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Hit gunbot.net, find the best shipped price, go with it.
    I used to query ammo prices by way of Gunbot.net but switched over to Ammoseek.com. I don't know about Gunbot now but when I switched, quite awhile ago, Ammoseek had more current info and they offer pricing not only on ammo and magazines but also on guns. They offer more options you can use to restrict your search. In addition, they have a column showing a scale of how expensive are the shipping fees for each dealer. I've checked on seemingly great deals from some of the dealers listed as having expensive shipping rates and have almost always found it was no deal at all to buy from them. What some of them take off of the price of the ammo, they evidently add to the price they charge for shipping plus some. Now, I usually do not even bother to check the total with shipping from dealers shown as having high shipping rates. Ammoseek's listings are also all in a better format, at least as far as I'm concerned.

The thing is, whichever ammo price search engine you use and whichever dealer you prefer, if you are looking for the best prices you need to at least occasionally check out the prices with shipping at several of them. When living in NY I also had to consider whether or not a dealer would ship there, many do not due to NY's restrictive laws. So, some dealers I just x'd out. I probably should check anew for price comparisons with shipping since I am guessing everyone ships to Texas. It's nice to be in a freer state.

Last edited:

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    SG for 99%.

Very rarely PSA or one of the outdoor superstores will have some crazy half price and free shipping deal.

I don't buy much because I reload AND have no time to shoot.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    $187 shipped...Use code M8Y at checkout
    https://www.brownells.com/ammunitio...ket-1-000-case-sku105000339-96146-167367.aspx

Their sales can change daily as do their coupon codes. I'll post in Good deals thread when I see the $180 again.
    Yeah but for a little more you can get much better ammo (Golden Tiger) from SGAmmo - $211 shipped. A case of GT is worth more than the $24 difference over Wolf.

https://www.sgammo.com/product/gold...d-case-762x39-fmj-bt-golden-tiger-124-grain-r

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Yeah but for a little more you can get much better ammo (Golden Tiger) from SGAmmo - $211 shipped. A case of GT is worth more than the $24 difference over Wolf.

https://www.sgammo.com/product/gold...d-case-762x39-fmj-bt-golden-tiger-124-grain-r

I'm aware. I, and I'd venture to guess my kid have a lifetime of that too.
    I'm all inclusive when it comes to buying cheap and stacking deep. ;)

I was buying on a regular basis until Sam had some reported issues with GT a while back. I believe it's been rectified, I've just been distracted elsewhere I suppose.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    What about aimsurplus.com and centerfiresystems.com both of witch have regular specials including free shipping many times.
    AimSurplus was pretty much my go to ammo dealer before I switched to TargetSportsUSA. Must have been awhile since I last shopped their, went to their site just now and would not have known it for their site, it has changed in appearance quite a bit. Then again, I also checked my orders, last one was in the fall of 2018 so maybe they had changed by then and my little gray cells just forgot.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I just read a review of Aim and the reviewer complained about 'not only' complying with their 'give us a copy of your license' but they additionally insisted on a copy of his CHL/LTC.

What?

If they were 'giving' away ammo, I wouldn't give them a copy of either document.

Just reading about such nonsense makes my blood boil.....

Top Bottom