• ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    And this would effect Conneticut only. Your mention of you having the abiility to make an FOIA request seemed like you where talking about this in a federal sense.
    Also Dan mentioned redirecting NICS to check no fly list. The EO mentioned in the OP has nothing to do with that either.

"We" in the general sense. Now there's another reason to push for due process w.r.t. the lists. The EO specifically calls out using federal lists, but not at the NICS point, at the FOID point.
    Target Sports

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Also Dan mentioned redirecting NICS to check no fly list. The EO mentioned in the OP has nothing to do with that either.
    Well I did say I was speculating wildly ;)
    The article in the OP didn't really say anything about what the EO is supposed to accomplish. Sounds mostly like hot air at the moment. Look, we're Doing Something™!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Should be interesting. At least we can make better FOIA requests for the contents of the watchlist, and get some challenges going in court for due process.

what is this "due process" you speak of?

this no fly BS is just another way to strip rights

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I didn't see any actual details... did I miss them? Since all I can go on is wild speculation, I'm guessing all he can really do is direct NICS to also check the no fly list?

[h=2]AP: White House finalizing executive end run on Congress to expand background checks[/h]
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

BHO wants to and is intending to take executive action to:

- Close the "gun show loophole"

and

- Stop people from "buying guns online" without a background check

But those are just the proposals they are publicising, see how far these executive power grabs go.

Basically they are just claiming they want more "background checks".

They aren't using the term, universal background checks (registration), but that is what they want.​

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Read something this morning on BearingArms.com (IIRC) that the language used in the EO is very loose and open to interpretation.

No mention of the lists, just stating that anyone who wants to cause terror or subvert the government could be banned from purchasing a firearm.

I will try and find the link later and post. Away from the computer at the moment.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Comey is just starting to show a backbone with San Bernadino, calling it terrorism, etc., without the permission of the Boy King.

Be interesting to see if he allows the No Fly list to be added to NICS.

oldjarhead56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    I am not too concerned. I am sure many a Governor, State Attorney General, and Sheriffs, are not going to enforce it. The so called Universal background check calls for Federal Government registration. In New York, where they passed the Safe Act, which calls for registration of all AR-15s, have had a 95 percent Non-compliance record. Shows how people who own guns will not put up with Government tyranny.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I am not too concerned. I am sure many a Governor, State Attorney General, and Sheriffs, are not going to enforce it. The so called Universal background check calls for Federal Government registration. In New York, where they passed the Safe Act, which calls for registration of all AR-15s, have had a 95 percent Non-compliance record. Shows how people who own guns will not put up with Government tyranny.

They have 100% compliance in usage though among other wise law-abiding gun owners. And that is what they want.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I like the defiance. Problem is...what can a guy do with his AR in NY now? Look at it at home?

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I like the defiance. Problem is...what can a guy do with his AR in NY now? Look at it at home?

Exactly. When that law went through, gun owners should have rose up, not hidden away. What good is a right if you can only practice it at home? That is now like "1/3" a right.
    No they won't go door to door going for ARs, but get caught with an unregistered one and go to jail for a long time. What's the point of owning it then?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Its easy to say rise up but what exactly do you think they could have done that would have made a difference other than moving to a free state ?

Exactly. When that law went through, gun owners should have rose up, not hidden away. What good is a right if you can only practice it at home? That is now like "1/3" a right.
    No they won't go door to door going for ARs, but get caught with an unregistered one and go to jail for a long time. What's the point of owning it then?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Its easy to say rise up but what exactly do you think they could have done that would have made a difference other than moving to a free state ?
    That is a complicated question. I don't know if they have a process to recall their legislators or not, but if they do they should have invoked it. They could also pull something like this every month until something is done about it: WA GUN OWNERS STAGE THE LARGEST FELONY CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE RALLY IN AMERICA’S HISTORY
    You know DHS is just itching to get their domestic counter-terrorism on, tho so things could get ugly quick.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    April 19, 1775

Per Order of General Gage to Lt. Colonel F. Smith, of the Kings Troops.

The actual British order to seize and destroy the American's guns and supplies, for that day, reads as follows:

"Having received Intelligence, that a Quantity of Ammunition, Provision, Artillery, Tents and small Arms, have been collected at Concord, for the Avowed Purpose of raising and supporting a Rebellion against His Majesty, you will March with the Corps of Grenadiers and Light Infantry, put under your Command, with utmost expedition and Secrecy to Concord, where you will seize and destroy all Artillery, Ammunition, Provisions, Tents, Small Arms, and all Military Stores whatever ..."

I guess this was just some old white dude terrorists trying to start some $h!t. The gov't just wanted to stay in control????

bob

bandook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2015
    Not sure if it is true, but I have heard Ted Kennedy was on the no fly list.
    I already knew his car was dangerous.

ETA: Perhaps not: http://www.factcheck.org/2015/12/ted-kennedy-and-the-no-fly-list-myth/
    We all know that Senator Ted Kennedy was not actually on the no fly list. The point people are trying to make was that if a sitting Senator can be misidentified as 'on the list', the identification process is severely messed up.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

bandook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2015
    Cite? I wasn't aware anyone had the ability to check the no-fly list.
    I think this is the new provision for terrorists to check whether they are on a government watch list.

Earlier, if you were planning a terrorist attack, you always had to watch your back in case you were being watched. Now, all you do is to go out and buy a gun. You'll know within a few minutes whether the feds are watching you (but don't quite have enough evidence to arrest and charge you with a crime).

Apparently, the current NICS check does check against the lists, and the FBI is informed whenever there is a hit. The transaction goes through so as not to forewarn the terrorist that there are bing watched. This allows LE to build an airtight case and conduct the arrest at a time and place of their choosing.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom