Texas SOT

why assume that you'll be the sniper, if shtf?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lmao

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2017
    what makes you think that your attackers won't use darkness, movement, cover? why will you have the time to do nothing but hide and watch around you 360 degrees, 24-7? Why would you let yourself be in open country, in daylight? You have no ground to hold, no help, no time schedule. So why fire at longer ranges? Even if you hit, you'll not hit others, if they start dodging on the way to cover. They were unaware of your presence (or they'd not be holding still, in the open, in daylight). If those conditions (along with no wind, no mirage, spotter shots and all that bs) are in position and it's only 1-2 guys, why be so scared of them? How will you know that they are not just scouts, for 100 more enemies that you can't detect? So shooting them just brings the 100 down on your head! you wont have uncle sugar to come evac you, call in air strikes, etc. So why are you firing at long range, eh?

lmao

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2017
    Especially, why would you limit yourself to a scoped, loud bolt action, which is no help at all at night, or if you need rapidfire, or if you need to conceal the rifle in your pack? Why would you spend your time and money on something that's so unlikely to be of any help, instead of working on speed of hitting, with a suppressed autoloader that can do so much more?

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    FLIR much?

Besides my ninja clan will watch my back and use their sorcery to get revenge if anything bad happens.

How many more posts before he can put up for sale ads?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ok, I've decided I will get down in the mud and give this a serious response.

First, the inaccuracies. There seems to be an assumption that bolt guns are louder. Then they are compared to suppressed semi autos.

Suppressed bolt guns are quieter than suppressed semi autos of similar caliber, and many semi autos of smaller caliber assuming both firing subs or supers. So the sound thing is irrelevant.

Nighttime doesn't matter. Why do you assume FLIR and NV won't be used? A suppressed bolt gun fired in darkness will be a shot that just about impossible to find the source of.

Why fight two guys at close range if you can get rid of one or both at long range. Distance between you and your enemy is a good thing.

If they are just scouts, why would you think they wouldn't report back and bring 100 guys to your little shelter anyways. They're obviously scouting for a reason.

Why assume that only one weapon is available? Why would I throw all my others away?

My rifle doesn't care about 99% of what people would use for cover. What makes you assume the cover will actually stop my bullets?

What makes you think in a SHTF situation someone who plans on using a long range rifle will be alone?

Why assume a long range rifle will be a bolt action and incapable of rapid fire? One of the best, low recoil, accurate rounds available functions very well in semi auto rifles.

Why would you not improve your long range shooting skills? Hitting at less than 200 yards isn't hard, inside 100 is cake, so why waste time burning ammo at 50 with a rifle when marksmanship skills used at 800+ will give greater flexibility and much of what is learned will be applicable inside 50?

Why worry about what others want to practice? If they learn something you feel will hurt them it will just make it easier for you to take them out and get their supplies. Assuming they don't pick you off from 1Km anyways. Then they will have your suppressed semi auto and all your insides ammo in case they need to fight up close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Well, if you assume you'll be the sniper... You love sniper situations.... You put in the work to be a sniper.... announce to your shtf group that you'll BE the sniper, then why knock someone for doing so?

I think the better question would be, why assume you'll survive and thrive by yourself in that scenario?

Got one of them suppressed autoloaders to sell?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The biggest fallacy of the OP is the perception that one must be limited to a loud bolt gun or a quiet semi auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Your autoloader is irrelevant. Your entire argument is completely flawed. I have this.........you can't win.

Figure_04_08_01.jpg

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    this guy is good. most trolls come in with one topic and then go off the deep-end fast. this guy is posting multiple retarded topics that while stupid, toe the line enough to almost merit a decent response. well played sir, I look forward to the idiocy you will provide this forum with. the last guy was banned fast before he could really get going, but his thread was still several pages long. lets see what you can do............

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Once our previously proud society is reduced to anarchy. He who decides to climb a tree and shoot is the sniper. Tag you're it!
    It's up to the other wanna be snipers to retake the high branch.

This assumes y'all are out in the trees with your freeze dried chicken, and not at my house drinking the last of the cold beer.

lmao

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2017
    yeah, since that's all the time and money you have to spare, it makes perfect sense.

Top Bottom