Why did this cow die?

sobi1998

Well-Known
Mar 18, 2016
Instead of the headaches and expense of running livestock or dealing with a grazing lease you can convert the ag valuation from livestock to wildlife. Of course you’ll have to do certain activities to show your using it for wildlife and some paperwork but it’s very easy to do and tx parks and wildlife will assist you with the planning and paperwork.
That’s a goal at some point. We’ve looked into that. The cows are only good to us for the taxes and eating grass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sobi1998

Well-Known
Mar 18, 2016
Ill just say I bet the annual upkeep/expense of a “few cows” costs you more than you save in yrly taxes.
Just wonder if ya ever put Pen to Paper to calculate it.

I plan to go the wildlife exemption route if any on mine. Have to “do the math” and see if the expense/hassle is worth the tax savings.

Actually, without throwing out numbers, it saves well over 50% a year...

gll

Well-Known
Jan 22, 2016
Most people don't go into raising cattle for the money. The biggest part of the money, is the taxes saved by having an agriculture exemption. There are much easier and more profitable means to making money than with cattle.
My brother used to run a cow/calf operation on his place; now he makes more money selling hay...

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics