• Cost Savings

Votes: 66 52.8%
    • Accuracy improvement

Votes: 55 44.0%
    • To understand more about my weapon

Votes: 29 23.2%
    • So that when the revolution comes I can have all the ammo I need

Votes: 28 22.4%
    • So that when the zombies attach I can survive and have all the ammo I need

Votes: 23 18.4%
    • Dont know why, never thought about it

Votes: 2 1.6%
    • All of the above!

Votes: 38 30.4%
    • None of the above

Votes: 6 4.8%
    • I dont reload ammo

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters

AggieMM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Central TX
    For pistol competitions, lighter loads offer less recoil, and allow you to get back on target faster. And it helps my marriage by keeping me outta trouble. :cool:
    Texas SOT

woolleyworm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Cleburne
    There are many reasons why I reload. This may or may not motivate anyone else to reload, but I'm hoping it does.

1 - The abitlity to DO; meaning I have had a hand in it and not just throwing it in the basket at wally world. This nation is becoming a nation that no longer DOES much of what it used to; we are overwhelmingly just consumers of whatever china delivers us. I take pride in having some skills to craft and DO something tangible and hone my skills and not rely on some &^%$^&*% import junk.

2 - It's relaxing and enjoyable; reloading is a hobby that is nearly as enjoyable as going to the range and putting some rounds down range. The whole experience is enhanced when you know that you're the one driving your results at the range with your load development.

3 - Great people - There's alot of great people in the firearms world in general, but reloaders/handloaders tend to be the most friendly and easy going of the bunch. Maybe it's due to the fact that reloading takes much patience and attention to detail; this may transfer over to other things too. I don't tend to rush things in my life and try to slow things down so that I can enjoy what I have.

4 - Brain food - Reloading gives me a chance to use my brain and keep it functioning as best as possible. I think he helps me stay sharp; I hate crosswords and such, so this is a good replacement for stimulation.

5 - cost savings??? Nah, that's all a bunch of b.s., Really ! ( Reload vs factory, I save a bundle, but I still spend the same amount on my guns and ammo )
    But I have got a good selection of high quality ammo, loaded to spec for my guns; at my disposal and ready anytime I am without having to run to the store. If I need more, I can have 50 rounds loaded up in less time than it would take me to run to the store and back.
    Reloading is not for everyone and I certainly don't think less of anyone that doesn't. There are some people that just aren't able and that's ok. I would challenge any of us that shoot and love firearms to read at least one reloading manual though. It will give you great insight into just exactly what is happening between when we pull the trigger and the bullet exits the barrel.

Keep'em in the 10 ring,

Woolley

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I like being able to pick a clean powder, and then put together a round that shoots better than factory ammo.

More than anything, I like to tinker and experiment...so adjusting powder charges, oal, powder types, bullet types, etc etc etc ad nauseum satisfies my fetish.

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    Oh yeah, I also reload to watch the faces of a few of my liberal commie neighbors who drop in to visit when I'm in the middle of loading up 5,000 rounds of 5.56 and most of it is sitting in front of the tumbler waiting to be cleaned one last time before clipping it all up......

Top Bottom