• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The ar15 is very versatile. I can pop targets,critters, they make great ranch guns. High capacity incase a horde of varmints try to jump you. I can cook with it. No can or wrapper I can’t open with it.
    Target Sports

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I wasn't an AR fan until after I joined the Corps on '04. I had zero experience with them prior (AWB was also still in place) and disliked them for all the reasons people have said for years. After training with it and enjoying it I starting building them. It's like Legos for big boys. Choose your caliber, barrel length, gas system length, type of trigger, etc., you can make it as YOU as you want. They can be extremely accurate and reliable and do whatever task you need of them depending on how it's built.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not as knowledgeable as most of the good folks on here. But I'm really starting to really dig mine due to the fact I just found out you can 'tune' an AR by playing around with barrel lengths, BCG weights, gas tube lengths, gas block tuning and buffer spring stiffness. That's where I'm at with mine. I'm hoping to have it all together in a couple weeks.

I also like like mine for predator hunting because you can have a fast follow up in case of a miss.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Let me introduce you to the song of my people.

M1 gif.gif

Last edited:

cb51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.
    So what do you like to shoot? Many of us also really enjoy other types of rifles... but my go-to ranch defense against 4 or 2 legged critters is one of my ARs. (no legged critters it's usually snake shot in a .45ACP pistol)

Mostly Smith and Wesson revolvers and Marlin lever action rifles. My favorite combo is my old Model 19 and the Marlin 1894 in .357. Like keeping the ammo supply simple. All my Marlins have the Williams foolproof peep sight with the screw in aperture removed for ghost ring shooting quick in low light conditions.

I'm not trolling, but am just really curious about the AR. I defend any gun owners right to own and shoot whatever you want. Some people like scotch for some reason, some like bourbon.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Mostly Smith and Wesson revolvers and Marlin lever action rifles. My favorite combo is my old Model 19 and the Marlin 1894 in .357. Like keeping the ammo supply simple. All my Marlins have the Wiliams foolproof peep sight with the screw in aperture removed for ghost ring shooting quick in low light conditions.

I'm not trolling, but am just really curious about the AR. I defend any gun owners right to own and shoot whatever you want. Some people like scotch for some reason, some like bourbon.
    Those are beautiful types of guns and I like them too, but AR's can be a hoot to shoot, and if you want to shoot different targets quickly AR's would be much faster and hold more ammo.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Growing up in the 1950's I watched a lot of westerns and cop shows. Had a bad influence on me. Later on it was Joe Friday and Reed and Malloy.
    Yeah, well the Joe Fridays and Reeds and Malloys of today don't carry wheelguns as their primary duty weapons. Time moves on. And yeah, I grew up watching The Rifleman; Wanted: Dead or Alive; Bonanza; One-Eyed Jacks; etc., but I like modern technology.

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    The AR is very easy to disassemble and reassemble and easier to shoot for some.
    The main reasons my brother gives for choosing the AR are:
    1) He's getting old and can't handle the recoil of a hunting rifle, like a 30-30 or 30.06.
    2) Easy to find interchangeable parts to keep it up and running for years to come.

Top Bottom