• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Please explain in your opinion or any facts why you need all these rules and laws about owning a shirt barreled rifle or a suppressor.
    I think this is an example of unnecessary gov regulation for no or little reason.
    Capitol Armory ad

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Yup, I see no reason for it. I'm kinda on the fence with regulating machine guns, but at the same time I realize if a bad guy wanted one he can make one.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hmm... to hunt covertly/quietly WHEN the economy tanks... and it will... it always will.

Re-read the question.

I think everyone will tell you, we don't need them.

Well, MPA will probably come along and explain why we can't trust any commoners with things like that, but the vast majority see it as an unnecessary infringement.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I know where the laws came from but I just don't see justification. I agree with the machine gun ban, but what "terror" can come from law abiding citizens being free to buy shorter rifles and make guns quieter without paperwork and a tax stamp?
    It's not too far a jump away from if your stock collapses you can't change mags without a tool- Thanks California

kozmic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    kool_105-albums-animated.gif

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    The NFA original draft banned handguns too.

What will people do if they can't buy handguns? Chop down rifles and shotguns.

The handgun ban didn't make it into the law but they never bothered removing the SBR/SBS part.

The law does nothing to prevent criminals intent on 'terror' from getting MGs btw. Look up the North Hollywood Bank Robbery some time.

The only real effect of that MG ban is I can afford a legal M16 but most people can't. Baboon can afford a MP5K while the overwhelming majority of the population including myself can't. Renegade can get a Glock 18C and almost no one else on this forum could, because we follow the law. But don't be fooled into thinking anyone intent on breaking the law anyway to commit robbery or murder is deterred one bit by the NFA.

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    The NFA original draft banned handguns too.

What will people do if they can't buy handguns? Chop down rifles and shotguns.

The handgun ban didn't make it into the law but they never bothered removing the SBR/SBS part.

The law does nothing to prevent criminals intent on 'terror' from getting MGs btw. Look up the North Hollywood Bank Robbery some time.

Criminals don't follow laws. That's what makes them criminals. It's unfortunate that n Hollywood happened and more unfortunate that the good guys weren't properly equipped. Gun education probably isn't the best over there.

Reaper277

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    My take is that at this point regardless of the original intent the rules aren't needed, but it's easier for the lawmakers to leave everything as is then it is to change them, and they are making money by us having to pay to play.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Infringement of rights. Plain and simple. No good reason for any of it.
    Yes, if you can afford a fighter jet with full armament, you should have it. No questions, no forms.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I support the machine gun ban how it is now. Not to extend it further, because many people can't properly operate a fully automatic gun. I think people could have more accidents simply because people who don't know what they're doing could lose control of the weapon. This is much less likely with semi autos. I think it's funny to watch the freedom fighters lose control of their AKMs in full auto, but I don't want that to happen in America.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Many people can't properly operate a car either. Over 30,000 are killed and 2,000,000 injured each year in auto accidents. Do you feel the same about restricting auto usage? Would you support a ban of automobiles under the same safety logic?

What do you feel the role of government is in keeping us safe?

I'm not trying to be smart. I seriously curious that I may be missing something when I see comments like yours. At face value they seem to be driven by emotion rather than logic.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I support the machine gun ban how it is now. Not to extend it further, because many people can't properly operate a fully automatic gun. I think people could have more accidents simply because people who don't know what they're doing could lose control of the weapon.

Sooo you're implying if I dropped my registered sear into a Colt LE901 just because I ponied up the cash, somehow I'm able to control a full-auto 7.62 NATO battle rifle? And at the same time the law prevents me from building a new .22LR select-fire plinker out of a Ruger 10/22 because that .22 is way too dangerous compared to that battle rifle I could have tommorrow if I wanted?

Is that right? Seems arbitrary and contradictory and the NFA in general is wholly ineffective at preventing crimes like the N Hollywood Robbery & Columbine Massacre (did you know klebold and harris built 2 unregistered SBS and 97 destructive devices?)

All the MG ban does is put ownership out of reach for normal people who have no intention of committing crimes. At the rate MG values are increasing in a few decades I wouldn't be surprised if only the top 1% earners are the only ones able to own legal MGs.

This implies if you aren't rich you must be a criminal who can't be trusted with MGs. If you can't be trusted, then you shouldn't have regular guns either, or a car (which kill people at a rate many tens of thousands of times higher than illegal MGs), or be voting, or really even be allowed to come out if the house. Is this the kind of class based society you want?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom