• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Please explain in your opinion or any facts why you need all these rules and laws about owning a shirt barreled rifle or a suppressor.
    I think this is an example of unnecessary gov regulation for no or little reason.

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Yup, I see no reason for it. I'm kinda on the fence with regulating machine guns, but at the same time I realize if a bad guy wanted one he can make one.

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hmm... to hunt covertly/quietly WHEN the economy tanks... and it will... it always will.

Re-read the question.

I think everyone will tell you, we don't need them.

Well, MPA will probably come along and explain why we can't trust any commoners with things like that, but the vast majority see it as an unnecessary infringement.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I know where the laws came from but I just don't see justification. I agree with the machine gun ban, but what "terror" can come from law abiding citizens being free to buy shorter rifles and make guns quieter without paperwork and a tax stamp?
    It's not too far a jump away from if your stock collapses you can't change mags without a tool- Thanks California

kozmic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    kool_105-albums-animated.gif

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    The NFA original draft banned handguns too.

What will people do if they can't buy handguns? Chop down rifles and shotguns.

The handgun ban didn't make it into the law but they never bothered removing the SBR/SBS part.

The law does nothing to prevent criminals intent on 'terror' from getting MGs btw. Look up the North Hollywood Bank Robbery some time.

The only real effect of that MG ban is I can afford a legal M16 but most people can't. Baboon can afford a MP5K while the overwhelming majority of the population including myself can't. Renegade can get a Glock 18C and almost no one else on this forum could, because we follow the law. But don't be fooled into thinking anyone intent on breaking the law anyway to commit robbery or murder is deterred one bit by the NFA.

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    The NFA original draft banned handguns too.

What will people do if they can't buy handguns? Chop down rifles and shotguns.

The handgun ban didn't make it into the law but they never bothered removing the SBR/SBS part.

The law does nothing to prevent criminals intent on 'terror' from getting MGs btw. Look up the North Hollywood Bank Robbery some time.

Criminals don't follow laws. That's what makes them criminals. It's unfortunate that n Hollywood happened and more unfortunate that the good guys weren't properly equipped. Gun education probably isn't the best over there.

Top Bottom