• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I believe some of the things you mention are considered a destructive device and must be stamped and built by only licensed individuals.

Maybe I misunderstood.

Yes they are. But individuals can still submit Form 1s to build destructive devices.

So under current law (aka MG ban):
    Form 1 155mm artillery shell = A OK
    Form 1 Ruger 10/22 select-fire = satan

Absurd isn't it?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Renegade - good point. I agree with you and young gun entirely but this post isn't about machine guns. It's about SBR and suppressor regulations. Let's start there first.

Post #6.
    You mentioned machine gun first.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yes they are. But individuals can still submit Form 1s to build destructive devices.

Absurd isn't it?

Lol.

Ok, I gotcha.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Renegade - good point. I agree with you and young gun entirely but this post isn't about machine guns. It's about SBR and suppressor regulations. Let's start there first.

You are the one who mentioned machine guns.

OK. I am in favor of regulating all guns at the same level. So either SBR/Suppressor get unregulated like a 10/22, or they get banned like a Machine Gun.

Last edited:

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    How do you explain the complete lack of accidents in all the decades prior to the ban?

There are actually more documented accidents with MGs since 1986 then before, mostly IMO due to the forbidden fruit nature. And fatal accidents kills far more people every year. Your logic is completely backward with reality.

Because our dads' and grandfathers' generation were just plain more responsible. You guys haven't noticed an increase in the stupids starting around the 90s? Buncha no-responsibility-taking entitled folks that see firearms as toys and not the dangerous tools to be respected that they really are.

Look guys, I really, truly want the '86 Hughes Amendment overturned. I don't like the NFA and like even less the $1000+ I've had to piss away to the gov for my half-dozen SBRs and suppressors. But if unflinching lack of compromise will never allow that to happen. All you're doing is pissing and moaning into the wind. Our legislators at the Fed and state level will only be amenable to some sort of compromise if they're going to ease up on bans.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Absurd isn't it?

Actually you can legally build a fully functional tank, but you cannot make a 10/22 MG.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    We are talking federal law, not Texas.

You're right, that's a faulty example. But my point is that unlikely that we're ever going to see an all-or-nothing approach to firearms laws succeed with the far left in this day and age. Too much social media, instant news, and moral outrage by opponents of firearms.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    This thread is getting hijacked.

This is is supposed to be about the regulations on SBRs and compensators.
    Machine guns are cool but that a different thread.

Lets get back to the original topic.
    Grumper - please don't make a flamethrower unless it's gonna be awesome and you post pics.

Wtf do you mean "compensators"? Those aren't regulated... do you mean sound suppression devices aka suppressors aka silencers??

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think the best way to deal with NFA is to chip away at it slowly, just as has been done with out rights.

For starters, get rid of the "Pre '86" BS. As it stands, that is basically a very slow path to a total ban. Those guns won't last forever.

SBR/SBS is right up there with it. Maybe should be done first. Tough call.

Keep chipping away, getting a little back every few years till there's nothing left. That's how they took our rights, that's how we'll get them back.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Post #6.
    You mentioned machine gun first.
    T-fast mentioned it first in like the third or second post.
    I'm kinda coming around to the idea of mg being regulated like normal firearms as long as SBRs and compensators go the same way.
    i just don't really want a mg unless it's a 22 or one if those badass stainless steel shotguns now. That sounds like the shit.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I think the best way to deal with NFA is to chip away at it slowly, just as has been done with out rights.

For starters, get rid of the "Pre '86" BS. As it stands, that is basically a very slow path to a total ban. Those guns won't last forever.

Keep chipping away, getting a little back every few years till there's nothing left. That's how they took our rights, that's how we'll get them back.

Awesome. Just awesome post.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas

Good points all around.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    T-fast mentioned it first in like the third or second post.
    I'm kinda coming around to the idea of mg being regulated like normal firearms as long as SBRs and compensators go the same way.
    i just don't really want a mg unless it's a 22 or one if those badass stainless steel shotguns now. That sounds like the shit.

I stand corrected regarding the mg mention.

As far as what you or I want or need. Completely irrelevant.
    The Bill of Rights has been compromised. What we want today may be what we need tomorrow.
    When it gets ugly, the anti gun people are going to want one like we've got.
    We're going to need full autos. Any infringement of the 2nd Amendment is a step toward oppression of the common people.

Top Bottom