• ...and so much more!
  • SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    I don't know.
    I qualified as a Fudd for most of my life.
    Never felt the need for a modern sporting rifle.
    Never wanted a hi cap magazine.
    I just shot varmints like my dad and his dad did.
    A couple of rounds kept the livestock safe in most instances.

Not once did I tell a friend with an AR15/AK47/etc, that they didn't need that. Not once did I support legislation or regulation that would deny them or me the ability to walk out of a store with what I wanted. Not need, want.

I may not have completely shed my "fudd".
    But I certainly wish for and push for repeal of every infringement on our 2A rights.

Some of us old foothill rednecks and backwoods hillbillies are on track and know what's going on.
    I sure ain't your enemy.
    Ducks, bucks, quail, dove, coyote........
    These are my prey. Not your rights to protection from government or evil doers.

Vaq.

Vaq,

Not having an interest in MSR's etc. doesn't qualify you for FUDD status. You were not then and are not now a FUDD. The bolded statement above confirms that. Sir, you aren't a FUDD.

The FUDD's are the so called 2A supporters who are willing to sell their fellow gun owners, the ones with MSR's and the "idiots with the stupid useless bumpstocks" (as one member here puts it), down the river in the hopes that the anti's won't come for their high powered sniper bolt actions and their street sweeping double barrels.

As far as I'm concerned when it comes to the 2A, if you dont fully support it then you might as well be completely against it.

Last edited:

pitboxer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2017
    houston
    The more of these mass shootings that occur the closer we come to gun control. And by control I mean confiscation. To make these shootings about the shooter, and plaster his name and photo on front pages, lead with his name and photo on TV news plays right into his hands. They ARE nobody and yearn to become somebody. If fame eludes them infamy will do. Lost in the horror of such events is just how small a percentage of victims the victims of these mass shootings are. The sheer number makes us shudder with horror, but against the number of MURDERS committed on an annual basis here in the USA they are statistically insignificant. I'll be called every name in the book for pointing that out, but look at the figures. They don't lie. We are barraged with the success of Australia for example in their gun laws and destruction of the "evil" gun. Look at the demographics. NONE are similar to ours. If gun control had a PRAYER of working here I'd be leading the parade for gun control, confiscation and an end to the manufacture of guns and ammunition. Don't expect to see me at the head of that parade. I can't get mad at those who want gun control. Their emotions rule them. They WANT the mass shootings, murder in general to stop. Sadly there is no way to give them that Utopian fantasy. I as much as anyone wishes there were.

buckstopshere

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2016
    I found this article and gave it some thought. Warning, it’s long but has a lot of ground to cover. It white washes a few things and paints with too large a brush but I think it also has a lot of good points.

The 10 cent version is that guys and particularly white guys don’t play or have fun and living in a pressure cooker 24-7 can and does make people crazy. We also don’t have social groups or any buddies to hang out with and blow off steam. I can agree with all of those points. So here is it. I think it’s worth careful consideration.

Just like the famous comedian Chris rock said . . . "If a black guy shoots a whole bunch of people, he's a criminal. If a white guy shoots a whole bunch of people. He's a mental patient. Whatever happened to just plain CRAZY?"

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The more of these mass shootings that occur the closer we come to gun control. And by control I mean confiscation. To make these shootings about the shooter, and plaster his name and photo on front pages, lead with his name and photo on TV news plays right into his hands. They ARE nobody and yearn to become somebody. If fame eludes them infamy will do. Lost in the horror of such events is just how small a percentage of victims the victims of these mass shootings are. The sheer number makes us shudder with horror, but against the number of MURDERS committed on an annual basis here in the USA they are statistically insignificant. I'll be called every name in the book for pointing that out, but look at the figures. They don't lie. We are barraged with the success of Australia for example in their gun laws and destruction of the "evil" gun. Look at the demographics. NONE are similar to ours. If gun control had a PRAYER of working here I'd be leading the parade for gun control, confiscation and an end to the manufacture of guns and ammunition. Don't expect to see me at the head of that parade. I can't get mad at those who want gun control. Their emotions rule them. They WANT the mass shootings, murder in general to stop. Sadly there is no way to give them that Utopian fantasy. I as much as anyone wishes there were.
    I sure hope I am reading that wrong. It sounds like you are all for gun control if there was a way to find every one.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I sure hope I am reading that wrong. It sounds like you are all for gun control if there was a way to find every one.

I read the same thing. There is no fucking way I will ever support any kind of gun control. If anything, this country already has too many laws that infringe on our Constitutional rights to keep and bear Arms. The NFA and GCA need to be repealed, that is what the NRA should be working towards; but if that were to happen then there would really be no need for the NRA and Wayne LaPierre's multi-million dollar annual salary and "compensations!"

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    You sound as if you believe it was the tool and not the person that committed these murders, isn't that the leftist view? Crimes have not stopped in countries where guns are banned, there is no utopian country.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    If gun control had a PRAYER of working here I'd be leading the parade for gun control, confiscation and an end to the manufacture of guns and ammunition.

Even if it would work...I would never, ever be for giving up our guns......for any reason, period..........

jmho....

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The 10 cent version is that guys and particularly white guys don’t play or have fun and living in a pressure cooker 24-7 can and does make people crazy. We also don’t have social groups or any buddies to hang out with and blow off steam. I can agree with all of those points.
    :laughing: The existence of this forum and the culture it's founded on addresses all of that.

I can't think of another way to gain maximum carnage than shooting into a crowd at a concert.
    Shooting is the least effective method. Vehicles or bombs, or vehicles loaded with bombs are far more effective at killing people in groups.

You're absolutely right that he was smart and calculating. He chose guns for his mayhem for the predictable emotional response it elicits.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    It was reported he was a pilot and had a couple of planes.........

Crashing a plane into the crowd would have killed substantially more than he did with rifles........imo...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

Crashing a plane into the crowd would have killed substantially more than he did with rifles........imo...
    Exactly, but people would initially assume it was just an accident. Even after later discovering it was intentional it still wouldn't elicit the same fear and knee jerk responses as gun fire.

The duration is a factor as well... He was allowed to rain lead for several minutes, but a vehicle/bomb attack would have been over in seconds.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

I was thinking that myself, but if he was hoping to get out alive, it wouldn't have been easy.

pitboxer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2017
    houston
    I'm not there yet, nor will I ever be. But IF we would put away forever those that use firearms (or knives, clubs, even threats of physical violence in the commision of crimes I'd lead THAT parade.

Top Bottom