• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    In N Out may be based out of California but they have taken some pretty conservative stances and even print Bible verses on their packaging. I'll take a Double Double animal style...but no fries (they suck).

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    More reasons to never darken the door of an In-N-Out. Of all the California junkfood, why did In-N-Out thrive here and Del Taco didn't? They at least had good food. They were like what it would be if Taco Bell actually tried.
    I assume most Texans prefer the literal garbage called "tex mex" instead. Oddly enough every time I've ever been to a Del Taco the actual Mexicans eating there always got a burger and fries. I happened to like their tacos and hot sauce.

In N Out is very conservative without shouting it including bible verses on their cups and they pay a "living wage" for every one of their employees. A location in Pismo Beach 7 years ago was starting their burger flippers at about $21/hour with regular pay increases. Kinda like Buc-ees; they pay a LOT to their employees. Not to mention In N Out uses local beef and employs actual butchers to cut up parts of cows to make their beef blend. Its a certain flavor of burger: for a burger & drink at $6 with fresh veggies I'd say thats a huge value. But yes, their fries are terrible even though you can watch them cut individual potatoes then put the sticks into the fryer.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I assume most Texans prefer the literal garbage called "tex mex" instead. Oddly enough every time I've ever been to a Del Taco the actual Mexicans eating there always got a burger and fries. I happened to like their tacos and hot sauce.

In N Out is very conservative without shouting it including bible verses on their cups and they pay a "living wage" for every one of their employees. A location in Pismo Beach 7 years ago was starting their burger flippers at about $21/hour with regular pay increases. Kinda like Buc-ees; they pay a LOT to their employees. Not to mention In N Out uses local beef and employs actual butchers to cut up parts of cows to make their beef blend. Its a certain flavor of burger: for a burger & drink at $6 with fresh veggies I'd say thats a huge value. But yes, their fries are terrible even though you can watch them cut individual potatoes then put the sticks into the fryer.

So where's the damn bacon on the menu, then?

And BTW, the Del Taco I used to go to was staffed by Hispanics and half the customers were Hispanic, too. Never saw many people eating the burgers, but the fish tacos were pretty popular.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    So where's the damn bacon on the menu, then?

And BTW, the Del Taco I used to go to was staffed by Hispanics and half the customers were Hispanic, too. Never saw many people eating the burgers, but the fish tacos were pretty popular.
    The internet speculation consensus on bacon and chicken sandwiches and other common fast food items is In N Out has a very simple menu of burger and fries only to keep things simple, efficient, and probably to keep costs down, churn out burgers and fries faster, etc. Seems to be working considering how successful they are with burgers, fries, milkshakes, soda, and lemonade.

I think In N Out corporate stated their expansion east out of CA has been very slow because they do not want to expand faster than they can manage existing locations, and sourcing beef and butchers for additional regions. They've watched other major fast food chains expand way too fast, add new items to menus regularly, and gimmicks to appease people who want things other than burgers and fries only to see it return very little money.

I think the analogy to me is Pizza Hut is now selling tater tots, chicken wings, pasta, salads, sandwiches, cookies, cinnamon rolls, brownies, . Holy crap why is a pizza place selling anything but pizza?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

That's one of the most California things I've seen posted in a long time.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    But they do go to In n Out it aint only transplants going there reason they offer mustard from what I hear they never had mustard tell they came here. That's a Whatabooger deal so I believe Whatabooger patrons are double dippin.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    The internet speculation consensus on bacon and chicken sandwiches and other common fast food items is In N Out has a very simple menu of burger and fries only to keep things simple, efficient, and probably to keep costs down, churn out burgers and fries faster, etc. Seems to be working considering how successful they are with burgers, fries, milkshakes, soda, and lemonade.

They'd have more customers if they offered a simple bacon cheeseburger. And worthwhile fries.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    In N Out makes a decent fast food burger. I like how customizable they are. With all the comments on woke companies I've seen on this forum you'd think people would want to spend money at a place that is more in line with their values. Some of ya'll fixate on California before doing any kind of due diligence.

FYI, Whataburger is majority owned by BDT Capital, Chicago, IL

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    They'd have more customers if they offered a simple bacon cheeseburger. And worthwhile fries.
    I may be in the minority but if a order a bacon cheeseburger, I take the bacon out and eat it separate.

Agree on the fries but I will admit they are decent if you get them animal style with heavy chili peppers and add ketchup.

Top Bottom